Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

I wouldn't completely count wavetable import out, let's see...

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:51 pm I have 2 major feature requests, and those are wavetable import and to have all parameters available for automation in the DAW. I'm quite optimistic that either one or both will be implemented at some point.
Why do you need wavetable import? You can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....

Sorry. Different thread. but couldn't resist ;)

rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pmYou can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
I'd beg to differ. :)

They really need to just fix the browser. Its a great synth, the browser just sucks really really bad. Im afraid the browser somehow might be a bigger issue for them, as whenever you load an instance of MX, it has to cycle through the presets, and also the file libraries for samples in the noise section. Maybe Im wrong, but I have a feeling the browser issue might be a bigger issue than just making a new and better browser

rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:51 pm I have 2 major feature requests, and those are wavetable import and to have all parameters available for automation in the DAW. I'm quite optimistic that either one or both will be implemented at some point.
Why do you need wavetable import? You can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....

:lol:

rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pm Why do you need wavetable import? You can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
Here... do this in MX then... (couldn't resist either :hihi: )

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Vital-Vocal-1.mp3

You probably could, there are formant wavetables that come with MX, and actually one of them ("Tender Men") at mid position sounds quite similar to that patch you just showed, minus FX.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 am
rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pm Why do you need wavetable import? You can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
Here... do this in MX then... (couldn't resist either :hihi: )

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Vital-Vocal-1.mp3
Sounds nice, very organic sound. :)

As ED wrote, I'm sure you can get a similar sound from MX using the formant wavetables. Similar, not the same, of course.

Anyway, in case someone missed the humour, rezoneight was joking in reference to the Spire thread. ;)

You can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
No way

GRRRRRRR!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

:D

I have had Massive X since it came out but could never find a sound I liked.

But that has changed now - I just found "Dunkle" bass"

Love it !

And its velocity sensitive which adds to the fun.

I think I might like this synth after all.

It would be nice to get MX 1.4 soon.
Seriously it looks like there's no hope to get new updates (I'm not even talking about WT import but LFO Phase control and minor stuff like that.

It's 8 months from the last update. Does not look optimistic tbh. Either nobody worked on MX for last several months or by some 'miracle' making even minor updates is enormously difficult in MX (I really doubt it except if it was made with some horribly buggy obsolete SDK).

It's not like I need these updates. I love and use MX all the time. Just would be nice to have another wee update.

Yea I agree, the updates seem a bit hopeless. This is not normal, and a company should not take this long for an update unless there was a bigger issue. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling a lot of red tape is over at NI, and internal changes within the company may have caused some disruption in how and when things get done. Both CEO's stepped down after the backlash, so I assume a lot is going on over there

My guess: Massive X is mostly sold with Komplette, and doesn't sell very well as a standalone product, thus the budget for updating isn't very big.

Just a guess, I have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes, just like nobody else here knows anything in that regard. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a big update in the making. It's not my style to stick my head in the sand

Return to “Instruments”