Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm Hey by the way, is anyone experiencing extremely long loading times with Analog Lab V? For me it takes closer to ten seconds for the GUI to load.
Don’t get me started.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:03 pm version 4 definitely wasn't this slow. Have you sent a message to Arturia yet?
No, I have not. My impression was that I was the only one experiencing the issue.

By the way, I see that your last reply got a thumbs-down as well. It would be disturbing to learn that it is an Arturia employee doling out the thumbs-down numbers.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:22 pm
J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm Hey by the way, is anyone experiencing extremely long loading times with Analog Lab V? For me it takes closer to ten seconds for the GUI to load.
I have brought up Analog Lab 5 sluggishness a number of times in this thread, but hardly any other folks have contributed to the commentary (and it seems that one individual is apt to thumbs-down my posts on the subject). Here is my first post in this thread regarding the subject: viewtopic.php?p=7970804#p7970804
just ignore the thumbs down feature. i have found is has no bearing on the content of posts. some of the most useful and helpful posts on KVR get thumbed down. there are basically morons on this site just clicking stuff to see if it works.

I agree. AL5 is a little slugish than AL4. I also don't find it intuitive or easier to use to find and store presets. I don't know if it's because I have yet to get used to that new fancy modernized interface.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It takes about 5 seconds to instantiate on my machine. It seems to automatically load up with the JazzBass preset which is the miniV instrument, is that what's maybe slowing it down? (can't remember if V4 automatically loaded with a preset)

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:27 pm
J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:03 pm version 4 definitely wasn't this slow. Have you sent a message to Arturia yet?
No, I have not. My impression was that I was the only one experiencing the issue.

By the way, I see that your last reply got a thumbs-down as well. It would be disturbing to learn that it is an Arturia employee doling out the thumbs-down numbers.
Now it has even two thumbs down :hihi: But I measured the standalone's start-up time, and it was about 11 seconds. I recall it's even worse in Studio One, but I quit using the Lab because of the lag.

J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm Now it has even two thumbs down :hihi:
Apparently, your reply has one as well (not from me). :borg:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:36 pm
J. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm Now it has even two thumbs down :hihi:
Apparently, your reply has one as well (not from me). :borg:
That is weird. I guess people don't like bugs :D

I guess they emulate the warm-up time of the original analog hardware. Though that was measured in minutes and it would play before, but out of tune...
To start up Fairlight or Synclavier would take even longer...; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:11 amI guess they emulate the warm-up time of the original analog hardware.
:lol: To emulate the most authentic experience; that would be the marketing spin.

While Analog Lab is slower to start up than AL4, it is actually much faster when you have to load the whole synth in order to edit a patch. I like it more because of that.

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:06 pm While Analog Lab is slower to start up than AL4, it is actually much faster when you have to load the whole synth in order to edit a patch. I like it more because of that.
I wonder if part of the reason AL5 is slow to start up is because it uses the Arturia Software Center to "phone home" back to Arturia to check for updates for any Arturia software installed on the machine. :shrug:

Here is a snapshot of AL5 not responding in Windows 10 until after I close down Arturia Software Center:

Anyway, the new UI for AL5 was not coded properly on Windows. The AL5 process should not forever be waiting on another Windows process (dwm.exe):

For comparison purposes, here is a screenshot of a similar UI, Loopademy from W.A. Production; the process does not forever wait on another Windows process:

After starting AL5, an "ArturiaSoftwareCenterAgent.exe" process can be seen running. I manually ended the task ...

... and then noticed that AL5 was no longer waiting on any other Windows process (i.e. was running normally) while it still had the focus:

However, when AL5 does not have the focus (e.g. minimized to desktop), it does continue to wait on the dwm.exe process:

Hmm... :shrug:

DWM (desktop windows manager) offloads much work to GPU. You might get it fixed by just updating GPU drivers.
In my system Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.

DanielPL wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:28 pm DWM (desktop windows manager) offloads much work to GPU. You might get it fixed by just updating GPU drivers.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the Intel Driver & Support Assistant installed and running as a service; it regularly updates the video drivers (and the network and bluetooth drivers). However, the NVidia driver may need to be updated separately. Hmm...
DanielPL wrote: Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.
What's an intro version, and how did you acquire it?

DanielPL wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:28 pm DWM (desktop windows manager) offloads much work to GPU. You might get it fixed by just updating GPU drivers.
In my system Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.
whats the video card you are using?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Instruments”