New - OpZilla FM Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Out of curiosity, what copy protection is used for this? I'm rather fond of FM synths but try to avoid anything that uses C/R..
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Big Tick wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:31 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:27 pm Too bad its preset browser is not so good.
Do you need anything more complex though ? You can use a menu to go into a category, then previous/next preset to browser presets through the list.

I suppose we could add an extra tab in the screen area where you can navigate the presets list. But you would have to chose between that, and the main algorithm page. I'm not sure it would be useful.
Hay. Thanks for the feedback. :hug:
This type of preset browser in the vst as it is now is something i don't like. The pop-up type of browser. If i understand you correct( i am not good in english), then yes - i personally like a dedicated screen for choosing presets, like in uhe and tone2. You can choose a category, then fast choose between presets in that category until you find something interesting. I might be in the minority though.

/BrokenTrance.

New version out (V1.1.0)

https://www.2getheraudio.com/opzilla-updates/

New in OpZilla version 1.1.0
  • Individual operator and LFO bypass (click the OP and LFO labels to mute and unmute)
  • Previous and next arrows for selecting operators and LFO shapes
  • Velocity curve editing
  • One-shot mode for LFOs so the LFO goes through 1 cycle and then stops. Use this to make a pitch ramp for example. (note: this function only works for retrigger LFOs)
  • Fade-in option for LFOs (note: this function only works for retrigger LFOs

Humble feature request for an arbitrary oversampling option... (especially for shapes other than sinewaves)

Can I ask why you need this ? Are you experiencing severe aliasing ?

Big Tick wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 pm Can I ask why you need this ? Are you experiencing severe aliasing ?
Sure, take the preset Broken Clock, turn off the effects and play it in one of the higher octaves. The attack has clear aliasing (easy to verify by pitch bending). This is expected when doing FM with unconventional waveforms.

It has its charm, but the option to have a clean sound would be nice as well.

ScrLk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Big Tick wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 pm Can I ask why you need this ? Are you experiencing severe aliasing ?
Sure, take the preset Broken Clock, turn off the effects and play it in one of the higher octaves. The attack has clear aliasing (easy to verify by pitch bending). This is expected when doing FM with unconventional waveforms.

broken clock uses a sampled attack (as well as lots of odd-interval fm) - you sure you're not hearing the aliasing on the sample (which is to be expected especially when pitched up a heap)

ScrLk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Did you try turning up the tone sliders ? This should really tame the aliasing.

Big Tick wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:28 pm Did you try turning up the tone sliders ? This should really tame the aliasing.
Does the tone slider limit the bandwidth? It is what brings out the aliasing massively if you turn them down.

ScrLk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:33 pm
Big Tick wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:28 pm Did you try turning up the tone sliders ? This should really tame the aliasing.
Does the tone slider limit the bandwidth? It is what brings out the aliasing massively if you turn them down.
It lowpass filters the incoming FM, which, yes, causes bandwidth limiting, especially with heavy feedback

Love the Opzilla. For FM synthesis, it's given me some good new creative outlets.

Hi,

how can I change sound names? Is there a manual? Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by tf-drone on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, tf-drone

Okay, can someone explain /* white noise */

64bit only? favorite daw EnergyXT is 32 bit only, but RTeaper is another choice
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tf-drone wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm how can I change sound names?
Right mouse button click on a preset name (but it will create a copy of the preset with a new name). Or you can just change the preset file name. You can locate it quickly by using left mouse button on a preset name -> User presets -> Show user presets folder.
iswr

Return to “Instruments”