Massive X 1.3 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
418 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:15 pm

v1o wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:38 pm
vertibration wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 am
v1o wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:01 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:22 am
Francisco Partners now holder majority shares over Native Instruments and EMH. After reading, the direction looks to go into an all inclusive environment of sorts. Unifying their product line, maybe in ways we haven't seen yet. I wonder how this will affect development. Financial support brings lots of growth in product development, so lets hope they get a lot more done.
I think NI is finished. The founders have sold most of their shares. The last two Komplete releases were crap.


https://www.franciscopartners.com/news/ ... o-partners
You don't know how investment firms work.

Francisco Partners has raised over $24 billion in committed capital and invested in more than 300 technology companies, making it one of the most active and longstanding investors in the technology industry.

You posted a link, that debunks your theory :dog:
Do you honestly think the last release of Komplete was a good product? Do you think the MX release was handled well? The link says the founders have sold most of their stake.

You can't solve problems by just throwing more money into something. Investment firms are notorious for racking up debts and then asset striping their investments. It basically white collar gambling some investments workout whilst others fail. Look at Apple they're successful because they had a strong visionary founder, that grew the company organically without massive debts and then he hand picked a successor he trained himself.
Actually, you can solve a lot of problems by throwing money at something. MX had issues, but that damn synth sounds better than any vst ive heard. Komplete is a solid product, just because you think it sucks, doesn't mean it sucks.

Apple literally has nothing to do with this, and isnt even relevant to this situation

v1o
KVRAF
2730 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:02 pm

vertibration wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Actually, you can solve a lot of problems by throwing money at something. MX had issues, but that damn synth sounds better than any vst ive heard. Komplete is a solid product, just because you think it sucks, doesn't mean it sucks.

Apple literally has nothing to do with this, and isnt even relevant to this situation
I'm sure you know from experience that money solves all of an organisation's woes. You may think MX sounds better than every VST but that doesn't absolve any of the issues.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRist
418 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 pm

You work at NI? You must have sat in on their board meetings bruh

User avatar
KVRist
423 posts since 27 Apr, 2013 from Denmark

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am

Just look at what happened to Reason after Verdane acquired them - Complete focus on wringing out as much profit possible from REs instead of improving on the core product, which has been left to stagnate. It's 2021 and it STILL does not have a hdpi interface.

And yes, MX sounds good. It sounds really good. However, I think it's pretty indicative of the state of NI that Vital, a synth that is more or less free and coded by 1 guy, has generated more hype and applause than MX.

KVRAF
27702 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:26 am

loungepanda wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am
Just look at what happened to Reason after Verdane acquired them
Just look at the gazillions of other companies who were bought up and it didn't change a thing. :shrug:

Would you buy up the biggest player in the business to radically change their whole business model? Kind of stupid, isn't it?

It's all just speculation at this point. And I wonder why people always have to create horror scenarios with everything these days.

As a Komplete owner, I don't worry about the future of that at all.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRist
300 posts since 2 Nov, 2020

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:50 am

I don't like Vital...

KVRAF
6823 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 am

I just don't know why they didn't map the parameters to be automated directly! Really strange! Other than that, I don't have any problem with Massive X. I think it is a brilliant synth. Maybe the best synth I have sonically.

I still love the original Massive and use it though. I really like a lot the design and UI. It is a pleasure to work with, while Massive X doesn't have the same great feel as the original. Of course MX has so much to manipulate the sound with so many possibilities but sure it is more complex.
Anyway, for the updates, glad they fixed envelopes graphic and I'm happy with the overall results. Looking for more updates for polishing this masterpiece :)
Cubase Pro 11, S1v5 Artist, Notion 6, NI, Arturia, u-he, Synapse Audio, etc.
PC, MODX 6, KeyLab MK II, ATOM, iTwo interface, DT 990 Pro and HS7 monitors.

KVRist
418 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:32 am

loungepanda wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am
Just look at what happened to Reason after Verdane acquired them - Complete focus on wringing out as much profit possible from REs instead of improving on the core product, which has been left to stagnate. It's 2021 and it STILL does not have a hdpi interface.

And yes, MX sounds good. It sounds really good. However, I think it's pretty indicative of the state of NI that Vital, a synth that is more or less free and coded by 1 guy, has generated more hype and applause than MX.
Good for Matt, he did a great thing with Vital, and that has literally nothing to do with this.

Reason is still around right? Whether they have features people like or dont like is subjective. Not to mention, you dont know what they have set up down the pipeline for Reason 12.

User avatar
KVRian
1071 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:45 am

loungepanda wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am
Just look at what happened to Reason after Verdane acquired them - Complete focus on wringing out as much profit possible from REs instead of improving on the core product, which has been left to stagnate.
I don't think that's true at all. There could be big things coming for reason that you have no idea about, far from stagnation in fact. :wink:

KVRAF
27702 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:27 am

loungepanda wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am
And yes, MX sounds good. It sounds really good. However, I think it's pretty indicative of the state of NI that Vital, a synth that is more or less free and coded by 1 guy, has generated more hype and applause than MX.
Not trying to bash on everything you say, but, saying that Vital has generated more hype than MX is purely speculative.

As we're speculating, I highly doubt that it did really.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
KVRian
1057 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:33 am

https://www.gearnews.com/native-instrum ... -platform/

"Following EMH Partners’ major investments in 2017 and 2020, Native Instruments experienced significant growth in its revenues, partnerships, and monthly active users." - I expect that this will continue.

Yet... While those things are good for NI, me as a NI customer I can't say that the last 3 years brought anything special for me. I mean in comparison to previous years. A few sample libraries, unfinished MX and GR6 which I like but can't say that it's anything special than the visual upgrade from GR5.
Sometimes what is good for the company is not that good for the customer.

Ps. obviously new NI users will be overblown with Komplete but for returning customers, NI is not that attractive in recent years.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

KVRist
418 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:40 am

I mean, thats a given. If you are new, it seems very good, if you are an existing customer, maybe not so much. I love MX, the browser is straight trash, but its the best sounding synth vst on the market IMO. I wont compare it to omnisphere because its kind of a rompler with editing features. MX has its faults, but its definitely a beast

v1o
KVRAF
2730 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:22 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 pm
You work at NI? You must have sat in on their board meetings bruh
No do you? What has that got to do with MX.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRAF
1667 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:23 am

loungepanda wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 am
However, I think it's pretty indicative of the state of NI that Vital, a synth that is more or less free and coded by 1 guy, has generated more hype and applause than MX.
Please show the data of how you measured this and thereby came to the conclusion that you are publicly asserting here, thx.

Hm, have no data? Literally just pulled this out of your a-- then stated it like it was a fact? Ah, right, thought so.
Last edited by mholloway on Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp.com/ - Noir-themed Dark Jazz
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM by TV HWY
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

KVRAF
1667 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:24 am

dbl post
https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp.com/ - Noir-themed Dark Jazz
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM by TV HWY
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

Return to “Instruments”