VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

I was shown another interesting skin!

Netrunner Skin https://www.stanleygurvich.com/?fbclid= ... EpBimT3s_M

unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the nightly build and the font warning fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by future-bit on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

But, do install the Lato font anyways! :)

future-bit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:44 am I was shown another interesting skin!

Very nice!

future-bit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:44 am I was shown another interesting skin!

unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the nightly build and the font warning fix.
That one looks awesome in bitwig :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

oddy.o.lynx wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:49 pm
Clem4 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:57 pm it was on "medium"
on "exact" it's a little bit better but still with latency..specially when I move fast
Noticing this too.
so it's not my computer nor Reaper... all other vst work fine (u-he, tal, Odin2...) it's even worst when I zoom the UI

Also, who know how to add a skin on Linux ? I found the folder
/usr/share/surge/skins
but impossible to copy/paste or move to, delete... access denied, not allowed
how to temporary allow it ?

Menu>Data folders>Open user data folder...

Create a Skins folder here then drop skins in it.

Thanks !

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 am Menu>Data folders>Open user data folder...

Tried that. Still get this message... Skin reverts to the default upon closing, reopen the plug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hummm wonder if that umlaut there is giving us trouble...

Can you try moving that whole Surge user data folder directly next to the plugin .vst3 file (replacing the symlink called SurgeUserData? That should hopefully work.

New skin much better. Default UI size really should be 125-150%

100% is too tiny even.

Needs a new patch browser ASAP, IMO. That menu drop down... not cute or practical.

SurgeEffectsBank crashes Studio One 5 on my machine.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Patch browser is planned for the next update. It's a lot of work.

Bojo34 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 am Menu>Data folders>Open user data folder...

Tried that. Still get this message... Skin reverts to the default upon closing, reopen the plug.
I just pushed a fix to this. [edit] Is in the nightly now and in our 181 release next week.

I could insert an editorial about Windows choice to use UTF-16 rather than UTF-8 for the filesystem, but I won't. We fixed most bugs caused by our mis-handling that in 1.8 but missed this one. Thanks for the report!
Last edited by baconpaul on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:43 pm Patch browser is planned for the next update. It's a lot of work.
That's good news, thank you :tu:
There are plenty good presets (but it involves quite a lot of menu diving)

Vospi did a stream today starting to create a track from scratch using only Surge, without any external FX and stuff. He ended up making quite a cool tune with a nice vibe :)

VOD with timestamps here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKu1u8C1ME

baconpaul wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm
Bojo34 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 pm

I just pushed a fix to this. [edit] Is in the nightly now and in our 181 release next week.

I could insert an editorial about Windows choice to use UTF-16 rather than UTF-8 for the filesystem, but I won't. We fixed most bugs caused by our mis-handling that in 1.8 but missed this one. Thanks for the report!
Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”