Free "Analog Effects" from PreSonus

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian

Topic Starter

1376 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 am

Lotuz2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:06 am
If you didn't get these for free, would you buy the Analog Effects Collection or single plugins to use in another DAW?
That's a capital question. While the PreSonus effects plugins are solid, I personally would not pay for them unless they just happened to be included as part of a bigger paid offering (e.g. the AIR effects plugins were included in a comprehensive AIR bundle package I purchased which also included almost all of the virtual instruments).
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

KVRAF
27087 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:28 am

TBH, I wouldn't pay for them either. The effects in Studio One are fine, but, IMO, not much more.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRian
847 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:36 am

Some of these plugins still make me curious, but I can't find download links for demo versions, not even after creating an account.

KVRAF
6263 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks for all the help on this thread.

I am a Pro5 user (not Sphere) and I didn't get an email but can confirm that after I logged in and put the items in my basket I got a £70 discount so it was free!

Downloaded, installed- great free gift!!
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRAF
3881 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:39 am

Red light district is a joke really
It's been there since version 1 and it's not really an example of analogue modelling
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRAF
20399 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:39 am
Red light district is a joke really
It's been there since version 1 and it's not really an example of analogue modelling
Well, to be frank I much rather think your post is a joke.

I am not sure, whether it was always like that (I seem to remember it not sounding very good at all) but according to Presonus Redlight features what they call "State Space":

https://www.presonus.com/learn/technica ... e-Modeling
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... 366&p=2543

But buzzwords aside - and much more importantly - Redlight simply sounds very good now. It does not matter at all whether you may call the algorithms they use for it "analog modelling". It sounds schweet and convinving. But of course as with everything it's garbage in = garbage out.

KVRAF
3881 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:04 am

It's not my problem some people can't distinguish a good modelling saturation from a bad one .
Edit : I haven't updated to the latest version of studio one , in previous versions redlight was NOT state space
Maybe it's been improved , but the non state space version was nothing but mediocre
Nice one wit the garbage in-out ..very original :roll:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRAF
20399 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:09 am

As I said: I seem to have a faint memory of it being pretty bad but the only real opinion I have of it now is of the current one.

KVRist
77 posts since 24 Oct, 2008

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:46 am

not free fx here , it try on my mac and my pc , but nothing.....i have a few free comp they give away there's 1 or 2 year ago but it don't work too,the only thing working is the vu meter.

Return to “Effects”