Game Over

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Webothwin on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webothwin,
Thank you for the review! Now your song "Smack": danceable. Yes, you could work out to this. Sounds slightly menacing, which is fine by me. Drums could be louder, or have more punch; some compression could help. Some pretty cool synths. A little repetitive, though I suppose that works for workout music. What state or country are you from? The song has a European vibe for me.
Last edited by aaron aardvark on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thank you for checking it out. I am in America and while it is already released your advise certainly helps me out a lot. Thank you for the feedback! I will seek critique before I release next time.
Tracy

First two were very driven and powerful and had a certain appeal, but for me really crowded in the mid range. Being heavy in the mid range can be OK for short times here and there, but having 4 minutes of it can be fatiguing.
Sometimes "less is more".

Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:56 am Being heavy in the mid range can be OK for short times here and there, but having 4 minutes of it can be fatiguing.
Sometimes "less is more".
all the tracks lack dynamic range, they are quite squashed, that IMO
is what makes a track "fatiging" combine that with instruments not taking turns (crowding) AND lots of repetition and it can force an early break from listening.
:phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really appreciate the criticism as I am always trying to improve. Your comments will definitely help me make better choices!

Any critique appreciated:
https://soundcloud.com/thealterednative ... e-here-now
Thank you,
Tracy

Return to “Music Cafe”