Unable to close cubase completely

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
When I try to close cubase 10.5 it takes a very long time to close and I am having to use ctrl+alt+del option to close it. Project window closes but not the top bar.
Also, when I try to reopen it, it opens in safe mode. Does anyone know why this happens?
Below is the screen shot when I try to close it:
cubase closed1.JPG

Below is when I try to open it again:
cubase opened.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vignesh.vijay wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:06 pmWhen I try to close cubase 10.5 it takes a very long time to close and I am having to use ctrl+alt+del option to close it. Project window closes but not the top bar.
You have to close the top bar separately - just click the X in upper-right corner.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Known issue, try google. Same here. Ctrl - alt - delete 👍

Crtl Q works for me.
I'm so used to seeing a grey warning screen when Cubase 10.5 and 11 boot up I treat it as a boot up screen and just get on with it.

Grum.

ALT+F4

This sound suspiciously familiar... most likely it is a plugin that under certain circumstances makes cubase hang when closing the project and unloading the DLL. Something to do with Direct3D (windows) Libraries.

Does it only happen when you are working for a longer time on the project? Have you tried loading the project and then immediately closing it? If that works, my bet is on the Direct3D problem. It is absolutely random, some people have it, some don’t. In my case, it only happened when I really worked on a project for some time, like half an hour. Drove me insane.

Problem is finding out which plugin is the culprit (in my case, it was several...).
Here’s a GS thread where someone had that problem and where I wrote how to use WinDBG to find out. It’s a bit tech-y, but it might help:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/steinbe ... oject.html

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”