recommend me some good modern songs with good sound

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

started listening to Spotify.. trying to find new good music is little tough, so much junk..

Often in audio ads there would be really nice music, or in audio demonstration videos of various products , ironically much better than top40 and most of the popular music out there today that I stumble upon.

I’m looking for kind of alternative / indie type of music with good sound. Mostly live instruments but with synths or heavy production techniques are ok too, that have:

1) Nice deep bass that sits well in the mix.
2) Live drums, with deep / low tuned snare. Snare playing ghost notes / rolls.
3) if electric guitars: preferably driven with blues type of drive. NO heavy distortion. NO 80s choruses.
4) elements are fine too like interesting modern effects or production techniques / tricks.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

This is what I would do.

Go to Wikipedia and look up the genre(s) that you're interested in. Then go to the genre page and look up the groups associated with that genre. Then go to Youtube and start listening.

You'd be amazed at the amount of really good music I've found using this system.

Try it. What have you got to lose?

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 pm This is what I would do.

Go to Wikipedia and look up the genre(s) that you're interested in. Then go to the genre page and look up the groups associated with that genre. Then go to Youtube and start listening.

You'd be amazed at the amount of really good music I've found using this system.

Try it. What have you got to lose?
Which genres would best reflect the sound / instrumentation that I’ve described ?

I'm not sure if it meets all of your above criteria (but hopefully it meets some! :hihi:): check out songs by the British band "Elbow", specifically songs from their albums:

The Seldom Seen Kid (2008)

Build a Rocket Boys! (2011)

The Take Off and Landing of Everything (2014)

Little Fictions (2017).

I'm not sure if they fit the sound that you're looking for, but Elbow have a lovely sound and I own all of their above albums (and some others).

EDIT: Also try out "In Rainbows" by Radiohead. I think many of the songs on that album might meet your criteria well (hopefully).

:phones:
Last edited by dark water on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khruangbin, Kikagaku Moyo ... maybe IDLES (probably not) :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”