Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Jupiter 8 factory patches for TAL J-8

My reference was mainly the Arturia Jup-8 V4 and the patch sheets available on synthmania.

Patches were matched first against Arturia Jup-8 V4, and in some cases I went to the original patch sheets, when I had doubts.

Not everything is perfect. Copying patches like this is somewhat boring, so in the FX patches I just went lazy. But in everything that matters (the musical patches), I did the best to match them.

Remember that TAL J-8 is indeed more powerful than JP-8 and these patches doesn't really shows all the strengths of TAL J-8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Never the less I thank you :)
rsp
sound sculptist

If TAL want to do a cz80 (the thing Vangelly uses) I'd be all over it. I'm super impressed with this and the LX. I think that's my go to vst. it's so easy to use and sounds gorgeous. This is equally impressive. Even though I find the online sales tax/vat a giant pain in the ass, this is still great value compared to the amount you'd have to for out to Arturia

Version 1.3.0
Long release times not possible fixed (introduced by 1.2.6)

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:03 pm If TAL want to do a cz80 (the thing Vangelly uses) I'd be all over it.
Personally, I'd rather see TAL take on a vintage wavetable synth like a PPG type thing before id like to see a CS80.

The thing with all of these requests is that he would have to own one or buy one before he can emulate it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Considering the current prices for Jupiter-8’s if he’s confident he modeled it well enough, he could sell it and buy just about any other poly synth and still make money in the process while still having access to his own emulation of the J-8. Not suggesting he do this of course, but a Jupiter-6 would be welcome. Or a Jupiter-4. Just saying...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:56 pm Considering the current prices for Jupiter-8’s if he’s confident he modeled it well enough, he could sell it and buy just about any other poly synth and still make money in the process while still having access to his own emulation of the J-8. Not suggesting he do this of course, but a Jupiter-6 would be welcome. Or a Jupiter-4. Just saying...
Kinda peeved no one has ever taken a good swing at the JP-6. I feel like it'd make for an interesting plug.

[nx] wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:06 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:03 pm If TAL want to do a cz80 (the thing Vangelly uses) I'd be all over it.
Personally, I'd rather see TAL take on a vintage wavetable synth like a PPG type thing before id like to see a CS80.
There is already a fantastic ppg emulation out there by Hermann Seib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yRh-mGQR44
https://www.hermannseib.com/english/syn ... avesim.htm
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

[nx] wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:06 pm
TAL-Sampler could be rather easily modified into a PPG type wavetable synth. ;) Actually, if you have some wavetables, you can already do rather interesting things with them in TAL-Sampler, although the wavetable scanning process should be more refined to get it right.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Realistortion wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:28 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:56 pm Considering the current prices for Jupiter-8’s if he’s confident he modeled it well enough, he could sell it and buy just about any other poly synth and still make money in the process while still having access to his own emulation of the J-8. Not suggesting he do this of course, but a Jupiter-6 would be welcome. Or a Jupiter-4. Just saying...
Kinda peeved no one has ever taken a good swing at the JP-6. I feel like it'd make for an interesting plug.
Since Jupiter 4 and 6 are part of the same line of Rolly synths, J-8 could actually be made to emulate all of them. Just saying. :blush:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:28 am
Since Jupiter 4 and 6 are part of the same line of Rolly synths, J-8 could actually be made to emulate all of them. Just saying. :blush:
Having heard demos of both the JP-4 and 6, they do not compare to the JP-8 in sound, and especially not in functionality. A JP-4 plug would also be exciting, but I understand that there's less demand for those two plugins, compared to the Jupiter 8. I understand what you're trying to say though.

zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:09 pm The thing with all of these requests is that he would have to own one or buy one before he can emulate it.
rsp
or borrow one, or collab with someone who has one...

Realistortion wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:06 am
DuX wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:28 am
Having heard demos of both the JP-4 and 6, they do not compare to the JP-8 in sound, and especially not in functionality. A JP-4 plug would also be exciting, but I understand that there's less demand for those two plugins, compared to the Jupiter 8. I understand what you're trying to say though.
I agree. Well, JP-8 was and is considered top of the line, that's why nobody is going for JP-4, 6, or ProMars. Unfortunately. :( I used to own JP-4 and ProMars [and Juno-106 which I didn't like] which is a monophonic version of JP-4, and they are certainly beasts in their own right! d= ;) I played with JP-6 once, long time ago, at a friends place, and I clearly remember him saying that JP-6 is special and more useful to him than JP-8 because the sound is more "raw" and it has more "bite"... grrr I hate these descriptions, but the filter chip is different, and it has some additional function on the oscillators which I can't remember clearly. Someone actually described the difference between them very precisely in this very thread. :tu:

JP-4 and ProMars are killer for bass. No chips there, just analogue boards and all discrete components! :P Rather stable sound, considering. Juno-60 sounds very similar to JP-4, just not as "hefty", but I think Juno-60 plugin could be upgraded to sound like JP-4, if you provide it with some more features.

Sorry for the pile of text. You see, JP-4 was my first real synth and I really loved it. :love:

Jupiter 6 uses Curtis chips for both oscillators and filters, and the oscillators can separately toggle individual waveforms (like on Prophet 5). The filter is also multimode (lowpass, bandpass, highpass).

Return to “Instruments”