Contest: January "Country & Western theme" Submission Closed.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do a Country song or a western theme like in a movie or do both in the same song. It can be sad, happy or both, etc

Time limit 5 min

Submitted by January 26

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - Time Limit: 5 Min

3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by January 26

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.
Last edited by Hellfog on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't mind a bit of country now and then. Not the stetsons and line dancing cheesy shite, but the heartfelt tales of working class ire and protest, that have shared roots with folk and blues - 'Americana' you might call it these days.

'Back in the day' this might have been called 'alt' or 'new' country, but let's say it's donkey c(o)untry. Yorkshire is the Texas of England after all....

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/01- ... -world.mp3

The Sweethearts Of The Rodeo;

Gear4Music acoustic guitar - bought this while I was at my mum's. Now I'm back I thought I'd have a mess about and try and conert it to a baritone. Strings 16-70, tuned down to A :scared:

Variax electric guitar for the lesser heard the better donkey shite slide guitar

FL directwave 'fake pedal steel' patch I made ages ago from guitar samples

Addictive Drums

Kontakt factory library upright bass

Pocket Blakus Cello for Kontakt

The crooning

Me tambourine

My submission is more western than country I guess. As I went along it developed into a parody which was a lot of fun to do. I am not sure if it is as much fun to listen to :? but you be the judge... :D

Stampede

Plugin instruments:
Addictive Drums 2
EastWest Ra Banjo
EastWest Gypsy Campana Accordion
Ample Bass Upright
EastWest Hollywood Brass Trumpets
Chromatophone 3 Handclaps

Audio:
Bullwhip sample of unknown origin

January 10 resubmission! I have added an intro. Think of it as the credit roll at the beginning of an old western movie. :wink: If you have already downloaded the track, please do so again.

Additional plugin instruments:
EastWest Hollywood Brass French Horns
EastWest Hollywood Strings

January 22 re-resubmission! How could I forget? Obviously every Western theme needs a churchbell!

Additional plugin instrument:
EastWest Hollywood Percussion Orchestral Chimes
Last edited by mountainmaster on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Evening at the barn

HW:
Fender Stratocaster, Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, Electro Harmonix Soul Food
SW :
NI Bandstand, NI Battery, NI Massive, Trilogy, Truepianos, Banjo Library, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field,

@mountainmaster, Love this

I'll Follow sorry, forgot to name it with my user name,etc. -3rd revision.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I Will Survive

DAW's
Tracktion 7
Reason 3

Instruments
Peavey electric guitar
Yamaha acoustic guitar

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2
Tracktion 4-Band EQ & Low/High Pass Filter
TDR Feedback Compressor
TAL Reverb 2
Wider
OldSkoolVerb
OrilRiver
Vocal King
Kontakt 5
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

TumbleWeeds

Hope you enjoy my little Western Ghost Town theme.

Guitar -> Blooper -> Modular -> Bitwig
More destruction using Izotope Vinyl, Valhalla Plate, Fabfilter Pro L2 + Q3.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Wav File:
https://dspplug.com/wp-content/2101_kin ... _chase.wav
Download: https://tinyurl.com/dspplugjan21wav

MP3 File
https://dspplug.com/wp-content/2101_kin ... _chase.mp3
Download: https://tinyurl.com/dspplugjan21mp3

Intro
kingozrecords wrote: KingOZRecords - Chase (copyright 2020 King OZ Records)
I'm proud of the writing in this track but not of the singing. I'd need to be trained to sing in the genre admittedly. A little embarrassing but it's a good track overall.

This track is dedicated to those in long term housing and institutions
Youtube YLM Meter playthrough
https://youtu.be/mqI7t7k6RQY

DAW used
FL Studio 10

Hardware used
Yeti Blue Ice Cardioid USB Mic

Effects Used

Code: Select all

Master FX:
DSPplug Silverhawk Limiter Stereo
DSPplug Omega Compressor
Youlean Loudness Meter2 Pro

Vocals:
MBProcessVST32
VSTplug Vocal Gate Spoken
DSPplug Bat EQ
Waves DeEsser Stereo
DSPplug Silverhawk Stereo
DSPplug Silverhawk Limiter
DSPplug Omega Compressor
DSPplug ZDF De-Plosive
Waves Abbey Road Plates reverb
Image-Line Pitcher
Image-line Fruty Convolver
LA School Navigator
DSPplug Omega Presence

Other:
DSPplug Bat EQ
DSPplug Silverhawk Stereo
LA School Navigator
VSTplug Compressor
Samples Used:

Code: Select all

Blackwood Samples - SessionBand Country 1 -
SBC_Style12_160bpm_DRUM-10_Alt-Pattern_2bar.wav

Blackwood Samples - Acoustic Guitar 2 -
BWS_130bpm_Live Guitar_02.wav

Image Sounds - Harmonica 1
07 Harmonica HC1 22 - 120 BPM - C.wav
03 Harmonica HC1 22 - 120 BPM - C.wav
06 Harmonica HC1 22 - 120 BPM - C.wav

Image Sounds - Resonator Guitar 1
02 Resonator Guitar RG1 15 - 130 BPM - G.wav
06 Resonator Guitar RG1 15 - 130 BPM - G.wav
06 Resonator Guitar RG1 15 - 130 BPM - G.wav

Image Sounds - Pedal Steel Guitar 1
17 Pedal Steel Guitar PS1 17 - 130 BPM - C.wav

Blackwood Samples - Acoustic Guitars
BWS_Acoustic Guitars_Oneshot_07.wav

Hills & Billies - Hill Billy & Country 2 -
Left Crash.wav

Hills & Billies - Hill Billy & Country -
Tamb.wav

Loopmasters - Undercover Funk Sessions - Volume 1
UCF_110_F#_Mean_Frank_Tambourine.wav
UCF_100_E_Fencing_Rainstick.wav
UCF_95_C#_Neutral_Egg_Shaker.wav
Last edited by kingozrecords on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

My submission this month is:

My Horse, My Dog and My Girl

This is a more modern take of country, inspired in what comes out of Nashville these days, although still full of country cliches (and not ashamed of it).

Hope you enjoy.

Now for the small print:

Music and Lyrics by: GMoneh
Recorded, mixed and mastered in Presonus Studio One v. 5

Instruments used:
- Superior Drummer 3
- IK Multimedia MODO Bass
- Taylor 241ce acoustic guitar, recorded both direct and with a pair of Behringer C-2 stereo mics
- PRS SE Piezo Hollowbody Electric guitar, recorded direct
- Fiddle from UVI World Instruments
- Behringer C-3 condenser mic for vocals

Effects:
- Guitars and Bass processed via Positive Grid BIAS FX 2
- Multiple instances of FabFilter ProQ 3 and ProC 2
- Valhalla Vintage Verb
- Waves Maserati VX2 on Vocals, DRM on drums
- u-he Presswerk and Satin, also multiple instances

I made this song about an experience that actually happened when I was shopping groceries one weekend. I haven't seen that woman again since then.

For the 'song' I let myself be inspired by an existing Country Western song. I think the influence is still recognizable in my song. So the first one to identify the source of my inspiration before I give my vote will get 3 places uplift in my vote!

2101 harvon I passed a woman

progs: MuseScore, Studio One, Audacity
VSTs: Vielklang2CM, Iowa_piano, TED-DigitalAcoustic, juicysfplugin, SF2 soundfonts

Return to “Music Cafe”