Geist 3 when?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thermal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 am Isn't that what the Pads button does? I use it all the time to tune and envelope my slices in one go. Just be aware that adjustments are applied relatively. For instance, if you are turning Attack time to zero and one of the pads had a longer attack time than the selected pad, the one with the longer attack will be reduced by the same amount ending up on a value higher than zero. Hope that makes sense.
Ahhh no way. This is one of those things that I thought was a bug. Or at least Geist's phantom behaviours as I call them. I've tried using the pads button to set the same value for a bunch of different pads/layers and then been confused at it not working. Perhaps an option to switch between the behaviour would be good. Cheers for mentioning it anyway, something I've not seen in the manual.

Hey guys,
is there a way to select all events in the pattern view, without selecting all stupidly with the mouse? This drive me nuts.
Also,somehow, the nudge arrows disappeared in the pattern view and i don’t know why.
Maybe a bug in the latest version.
And you can choose what parameters is quick affect by drag a event with the mouse.
That doesn’t work either, anymore.
Someone got a hint?
🇷🇺

I think fxpansion are history - the sellout has started with the ROLI sale - some great vst(i)s were canceled and the rest won't get any attention from the rest of the crew. The support was even bad before ROLI...
Very bad
Very sad

Hmm... I don't think there is a market for Geist3. Roli makes money with the keyboards and they could invest in the development of Geist3 without it becoming a big business... but I could imagine that a Strobe3 or Cypher 3 with a better GUI might sell even better?

4damind wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 pm Hmm... I don't think there is a market for Geist3. Roli makes money with the keyboards and they could invest in the development of Geist3 without it becoming a big business... but I could imagine that a Strobe3 or Cypher 3 with a better GUI might sell even better?
does ROLI actually make money though? seems like they weren't in great shape financially. didn't they almost go bankrupt in 2019 and have to sell off some acquisitions to cover the debt? there's was a round of music press news talking about all that a while back.

dayjob wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 pm
4damind wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 pm Hmm... I don't think there is a market for Geist3. Roli makes money with the keyboards and they could invest in the development of Geist3 without it becoming a big business... but I could imagine that a Strobe3 or Cypher 3 with a better GUI might sell even better?
does ROLI actually make money though? seems like they weren't in great shape financially. didn't they almost go bankrupt in 2019 and have to sell off some acquisitions to cover the debt? there's was a round of music press news talking about all that a while back.
Of course I don't know how Roli is doing financially, it's just a pure assumption that they make money with the keyboards.
If this is not the case, the question is of course whether they invest money in the further development of the FXPansion plugins.

Geist 2 still rocking over here.. If Fxpansion gives up on Geist, that'd be a shame, it really is one of the best pieces of kit available for programming drums.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:50 am Geist 2 still rocking over here.. If Fxpansion gives up on Geist, that'd be a shame, it really is one of the best pieces of kit available for programming drums.
I totally agree. I really find Geist the best method for doing drums the way I like them.

I’m certain Geist 3 will be released next February 31.

Winstontaneous wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:00 pm I’m certain Geist 3 will be released next February 31.
or more likely at the end of the next pandemic.

I think their business planning model goes something like this:

Q: Does this great software help us sell our stupid, overpriced, squishy keyboards?
>Yes: Proceed coasting on fxpansion's name recognition fumes
>No: Discontinue Immediately

Geist 3? haha...in our dreams; FXpansion is a dead company. This has been known for a couple years now. Other than few minor updates to Cypher 2 and the occasional silly expansion pack, this company doesn't create / release / update products anymore.

Yes, I loved Guru. Geist....not so much.

mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:36 am Geist 3? haha...in our dreams; FXpansion is a dead company. This has been known for a couple years now. Other than few minor updates to Cypher 2 and the occasional silly expansion pack, this company doesn't create / release / update products anymore.
it's been a bummer for a few years now.. the abandoned plug ins list is getting long! mostly was sad to see tremor left for dead. bloom and etch were good too. but they're mothballed as well. still working in mojave on my mac but i'm sure at some point they just won't work or won't be able to be installed w/a future OS update.

The decisions made along the way have been just... mystifying

First, selling up to ROLI, who anyone could see from a mile away were just after the nearest available development resource to cannibalise and work on their own designs.

Then letting Tremor and Geist just wither and die on the vine.. Arguably they were, and still are, all these years later, best-in-class instruments, with little serious competition. And they choose to focus on their subtractive synth which, while competent (I own it, and Tremor, and Geist, and Equator 2..) is in the most over-saturated, cutthroat section of the market.

In another, parallel, existence, FXP went into partnership with ROLI, continued to refine Geist and merged it with Tremor (and BFD!!), persuaded their partner to build a next-gen hardware interface for it, and cleaned up in the beatmaker sector.. :roll:

Return to “FXpansion”