Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Hey Andy, when you get to the VST3 implementation, can you please ensure you implement the ability to right-click a control and add an automation lane in Cubase? This is a VST3 feature and I'm constantly craving it in The Drop since I'm almost always going to automate the cutoff of either or both filters. :)

fgimian wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:30 pm Hey Andy, when you get to the VST3 implementation, can you please ensure you implement the ability to right-click a control and add an automation lane in Cubase? This is a VST3 feature and I'm constantly craving it in The Drop since I'm almost always going to automate the cutoff of either or both filters. :)
Yep, doesn't sound too hard.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

The Drop v.1.6.7 is out which fixes the BPM sync on the LFOs:

www.cytomic.com/drop

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:17 am
fgimian wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:30 pm Hey Andy, when you get to the VST3 implementation, can you please ensure you implement the ability to right-click a control and add an automation lane in Cubase? This is a VST3 feature and I'm constantly craving it in The Drop since I'm almost always going to automate the cutoff of either or both filters. :)
Yep, doesn't sound too hard.
Thanks mate :)

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:17 am Yep, doesn't sound too hard.
One of those famous last words. :hihi:

Hello! Just a very (very) small issue : the "DEST VAL" label is always displaying values in Hertz, whatever the parameter is (resonance/shift/pre/post).
On the virtual LCD it is displayed as it should, and double clicking the label to edit the value shows the correct value.
So it's not very important, but maybe it's not too hard to fix?

NeP94 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:18 pm Hello! Just a very (very) small issue : the "DEST VAL" label is always displaying values in Hertz, whatever the parameter is (resonance/shift/pre/post).
On the virtual LCD it is displayed as it should, and double clicking the label to edit the value shows the correct value.
So it's not very important, but maybe it's not too hard to fix?
Thanks for the bug report, all fixed in the latest build

News: The Drop v1.6.8 is out

www.cytomic.com/drop

v1.6.8 (5 February 2020)
• Fixed: LFO1 now back to Sin shape (was pulse for testing LFO bmp sync).
• Fixed: DEST VAL control label how uses correct units for its destination.

I use this plugin mucho even without the movement parts along with my guitar into Helix and fuzz pedals then the Drop. So freaking awesome. I hope at some point there is a sister to this plugin.

I hope it will get married rather than having a sister.

I just realised today how handy it would be to be able to type exactly frequencies when automating The Drop. Andy, any progress on the VST3 version mate?

fgimian wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 am I just realised today how handy it would be to be able to type exactly frequencies when automating The Drop. Andy, any progress on the VST3 version mate?
The Drop has supported textual entry of automation values since v1.0. I have implemented this via both the Reaper and Symbiosis public VST2.4 extensions as well as in Audio Units.

Reaper extensions that turn string to value and vice versa:
https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/vst/vst_ext.php
effVendorSpecific(effGetParamDisplay, parm, buf, val)
effVendorSpecific(effString2Parameter, parm, buf, val)

Symbiosis extensions that turn string to value and vice versa:
https://github.com/blurkk/symbiosis-au- ... mbiosis.mm
vst->vendorSpecific('sV2S', sfv->inParamID, buffer, 0);
vst->vendorSpecific('sS2V', vfs->inParamID, buffer, 0);

VST3 support doesn't actually add any functionality to the plugin that isn't already there, but I understand how inflexible Steinberg is. Once I have finished The Drop I will look at updating to the latest version of Juce which allows for VST3 support as well as M1 support, but those initial builds will most likely not be very stable.

Thanks and yup I’m a Cubase user so sadly those extensions don’t help me at this stage. Looking forward to the updates.

Andy have you thought about making a hardware guitar pedal of the Drop?

acousticglue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:07 pm Andy have you thought about making a hardware guitar pedal of the Drop?
this would be incredibly complicated and time consuming. things like this often take years to develop and produce and would likely only have a fraction of the features of the plug in.

Return to “Effects”