Rivium AI ...what do you think ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't this the plugin that was announced as free a few days ago from a weird website and that almost nobody managed to get for free (when I tried they asked me to pay $29) before the website closed for good ?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

It looks dubious.
Check out this forum thread: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... ai-reverb/

Of what I can understand, the plug-in sets the reverb settings according to the instrument types being played.
For anyone knowing what they're doing when using a basic reverb, this doesn't seem valuable, in my opinion.
This is what they refer to as artificial intelligence but the plug-in doesn't seem to adapt to the mix in real time. If that's what you want, I would suggest using reverb side-chaining.
In other words, it doesn't seem like it's worth the price they're asking for. And, anyway, you will always have more flexibility by defining your own sound rather than by letting a plug-in decide on that for you, in my opinion.
Cheers.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 pm Isn't this the plugin that was announced as free a few days ago from a weird website and that almost nobody managed to get for free (when I tried they asked me to pay $29) before the website closed for good ?
The website doesn't seem like it's closed. It is still accessible, of what I can see.

Domenico KVR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 pm
DJErmac wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 pm Isn't this the plugin that was announced as free a few days ago from a weird website and that almost nobody managed to get for free (when I tried they asked me to pay $29) before the website closed for good ?
The website doesn't seem like it's closed. It is still accessible, of what I can see.
Well it closed, then reopened.

OK, found the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=558997

Domenico KVR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm This is what they refer to as artificial intelligence but the plug-in doesn't seem to adapt to the mix in real time.
I wouldn't even that call AI :) Plugins like TEOTE or Soothe are adpting to mix in the real time and it's still just mathematic algorithms, not AI :)

Inversion Of Control wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:00 am
Domenico KVR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm This is what they refer to as artificial intelligence but the plug-in doesn't seem to adapt to the mix in real time.
I wouldn't even that call AI :) Plugins like TEOTE or Soothe are adpting to mix in the real time and it's still just mathematic algorithms, not AI :)
AI is the new catchphrase like retro or vintage. The only difference is that developer doesn't need to put retro looking GUI on basic EQ to deceive customers.

With AI catchphrase it's easy to deceive people who have no knowledge even on basic programming. Anything automated can be called AI today.

I think this is a perfect example of how not to be successful as a plugin developer.

I'm one of those who managed to get it for free. I haven't actually noticed any "AI" in the plugin. It looks and sounds just like a basic reverb.

Now also viewable as a sh¡tty Facebook add !! :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud:
aviary-image-1611849246921.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now also viewable as a sh¡tty Facebook add !!
With all due respect to everyone here, please watch your language and/or "tone of voice". ;)
Conversations conducted with decency and respect are always more appreciable. :)
Thank you.

Inversion Of Control wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:00 am
I wouldn't call it AI either. In fact, I spent like five minutes trying to think what an example of an AI plug-in could be and I still have no idea. It would be useless CPU resources, anyway, LOL.

Return to “Effects”