Reason+ = subscription model (20€ month)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually don't get the negative comments about DAW's, but this Reason+ was funny. I accidentally subscribed to it (no confirmation page and auto login) and as a Suite owner it seems to mean 20€/month for some soundpacks.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like a deal: "If you own a copy of Reason, you can save 50% off your first year of Reason+ if you sign up for an annual subscription."

I'll wait until there's more details until I decide, but it's likely this will keep me away from Reason studios and RE stuff in the future. Really not a fan of subscription services for software, even if it's optional.

This is good for the new users, but in generally, this is way too expensive. It should have been 9,99€, max 14,99€. But what you can expect from them. They are milking every penny out of you, always :)

I think this thread should be moved in the instruments section. There are still some old DAW parts in the software but the focus seems only to be on the rack plugin when I read the ads.

This is crap. They act like Adobe while they are subpar.

Over at Reason forum, well respected RE developers seems very pissed off as this is quote "a final nail in the coffin for RE developers".

I am worried about this one taken form their blog: "To simplify our lineup we will discontinue Reason Intro and Reason Suite—the software will continue to function, and you will still be able to upgrade to the full version of Reason."

What the fu** that does mean? I purchased "Suite" because it was advertised as "complete" system from company. Now they are killing it off not even two years after the release. And I should be happy because I will be able to upgrade to "full" version? Wait what? I thought my Suite was the "full" version. What the fu** "full" version is now?

Anyway this is clearly a sign of hectic product development and company business plan. They intentionally hide how one can purchase normal license. I can understand that they want to promote Subscription model, but now it seems to be hard to find RS Shop at all. It is hidden in the footer of a webpage. No wonder 3rd party RE developers are pissed off.

Clearly they would like you to go Subscription only. I wish they had balls to go subscription only and go bankrupt year later.
Last edited by kmonkey on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is there a choice in the weekly soundpacks or are they curated?

This is not aimed at dogzilla, but seriously who need weekly soundpacks? For crying out loud, real talents literally defined genres with one 16mb drum machine and two three synths + one reverb. These clowns think that people need "packs" each week. Like everyone is hosting personal could systems pr 8TB drives.

This is getting ridiculous.

I was laughing at people when they said Propellerheads lost their plot. I am not laughing anymore.

They Propelled out themselves this time !

:hihi:

EDIT: You can not trial R11 anymore.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/reason-11/

Click on Trial for 30 days and it gets you straight to a subscription page where it says:

First month free
Cancel anytime

Cancel what exactly? Why do you cancel a trial? Does it mean you need Credit Card only to be able to Trial R11..WTF

kmonkey wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:43 am This is not aimed at dogzilla, but seriously who need weekly soundpacks?
Well I don't need them. I think this subscription model is awful. :wink:

Giving your subscribers the same sounds on a weekly basis? What if those sounds don't suit the genres people work in? I know every DAW user shares a common core library of sounds with their fellow DAW users, but at least there's a choice to dip in and out of that library when you want, and that it's not costing you anything more for that choice.

I accidentally subscribed to the trail by just trying to find out how much it would cost. Immediately cancelled, but now when I start Reason, it throws an error that I need to install the Reason+ Companion App! WTF? I don't want to install it, whatever it is. But now I can't authorize my RE's when I start Reason.

Badly managed rollout!

I miss the good old Reason 3-5 days. That they didn't even launch their subscription with any new stuff or a new version makes it clear how desperate they are.
This really is the nail in the coffin for Reason. They can't compete with cutting edge stuff like Arcade, Splice and Plugin Alliance. They would need to lower the subscription price by a lot and NOT remove the shop button from their website. Also Suite owners really should get this free for at least a year.
They used to be great, and now they're one of the worst and greediest developers.

I got Intro a year ago and also have a Lite license like everybody else. I got this mainly to have an alternative DAW that gives me another kind of workflow. Generally, I got what I wanted, but it turned out I did not use it as much as I thought. It does not make that much of a difference, it has its downsides, and now they added another one.

If I want to subscribe, I go somewhere else.

I will not update to the full version, as this has become more expensive, and I do not see the benefit.

The REs I have can be used with Lite.

So the only thing that remains to be done is to get rid of this hot mess ... if anybody buys it.

fceramic wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 am Also Suite owners really should get this free for at least a year.
At least - crazy that they don't take account of the fact that 99% of what is in Reason+ was already paid for by Suite owners

Yes, we are working on a major update to Reason to come later this year that will include high resolution graphics
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/intr ... eason-plus

This is all I care about at this point... Though I just bought Intro last month, and now I'm forced into the full version or a subscription if I want the high resolution for my 4K screen. :neutral:
Yo Leroy!

It's nice that they're still planning to offer it for regular purchase, but buried in the details is the fact that they cancelled Reason Suite, which was a very good deal.
Stormchild

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”