One Synth Challenge #143: Any Hardware or Emulation (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't think I would find any time to even choose a synth, let alone making a track, but thanks to a very dear friend to me, I did get to play with MonoFury for a day and couldn't help myself to even make a little track. SO FUN!

https://soundcloud.com/taronium/taron-bucketlist
Instances: 14
DAW: MuLab (www.mutools.com)
FX: Vintage Echo 1 & 2, Mide-Side Processor, Level Compressor
3rd Party: OTT, LoudMax64, Wider, ValhallaSupermassive, Nova-67p

Sheeesh, I miss the OSC... I miss y'all too much, really. This ain't a whole lot from me this time, yet again, but it's something and I had a blast! :hyper:

Hi folks,
here I am again after some time and this is my submission:
https://soundcloud.com/user-935392739/time-will-come

"Time will come" is done on the great and unique MuLab 8.7.1-32bit (Win) using
14x MonoFury (made by FullBucket)
3x Reverb (Abstract Chamber)
9x LoudMax
some M/S-Processor, EQ, Delay included in MuLab
MHorse P3-mk2 in Master-channel

Enjoy the track (and gimme 5pts ... please ;-) )

Double post, sorry
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martkorg wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:35 pm
IrionDaRonin wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm Here comes my pleading to Universe in a wave form.
https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/pray-hope

DAW
Produced in FL Studio on live style, adding a new track in each recording, as if i was recording a real synth (without the sampling part). Old times Ambient/Downtempo genre with some few extra ideas. And some extra arrangements.

Synth
  • 19 instances of SQ8L (beautiful warm sound, but a pain to program :hihi: )
Effects
  • ArcDev ET-301 without the modulation part.
    Still available at Rekkerd and some others sites) which is modelled on the Boss DM-100 Delay Machine.
  • Tal-Reverb 3; classic plate reverb, no more, no less.
  • Sonic Anomaly Transpire (Free transient designer, website down, but you can download it from other many places)
Thanks for the kind comment!
Have a good day :)
FL Effects
  • FL Limiter
  • FL PEQ2
  • FL Patcher (FL Mid/Side Splitter + PEQ2 for mastering purposes)
  • FL Fruity Peak Controller.
I didn't want to break dynamics, as i wanted this track sounds the most natural and expressive possible, so i didn't use compressors at all, just the transient designer for the percussion.
I hope it sounds big enough.

The idea under this project is due difficult times, i'm missing my korean girl, we can't be together and everything is closed, so we can't be together right now, almost 2 years bearing... so here is the feeling as a pleading to Universe. I hope universe listens to me again as it did 6 years ago*.
After all, we are all creators of reality.
Dedicated to my lovely future wife, Jiyoung.
*(reference: soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/universe-is-listening).

I hope you all find it pleasant to your ears.
Picture made and edited by me.

Thanks for listening, it's nice to come back, and have a good day everyone :)
Beautiful piece of music
Thanks for your kindness!
Have a good day :)

Submission

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/sweaty-joystick

i wanted to create ambient music and it feels like it doesn't belong in the ambient category IMO.

Ableton Live Lite v10.1.30

6 instances of Synth1

2 BPB Dirty Filter, 2 Xfer OTT, 1 Valhalla Supermassive,
1 Channel EQ
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

After struggling for some time, I called it a day and present you a little uninspired synth-pop tune:
Terpsichore's Day Off

Here's my Submission
https://soundcloud.com/original_sebaer/ ... 3-mg1-plus

17 Instances of Cherry Audio Surrealistic MG-1 plus modelled after Radioshack Realistic Concertmate MG-1 (built by Moog)

DAW:
Reaper 6.20

Inserts:
lkjb Luftikus - modelled after Mäag EQ4
ReaEQ, ReaComp
Senderspike SN05-G Limiter
Xfer OTT
Sonic Anomaly Transpire

Sends
GSi Varispeed - modelled after WEM Copicat IC400
Senderspike Echobox D7 - modelled after Ibanez DE-7
Ben&Schulz JP-ME-1 - modelled after Yamaha EME-1
Valhalla Supermassive

Master:
TbT TLs-1295-LEA - inpired by Teletronix LA-2A
lkjb Luftikus - modelled after Mäag EQ4
Senderspike SN05-G Limiter

I hope the gimmicky use of the Varispeed at the end doesn't violate the spirit of the no modulation effects rule...

My submission for KVR OSC January 2021

Spring Goose - Thrifty

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... se-thrifty

9 instances of Waldorf PPG Wave 3.
I only used the wavetables that were on the original PPG Wave 2.3.

DAW: Bitwig Studio 3.3

9 Bitwig Eq+
2 Bitwig Arpeggiator
3 Bitwig Tool
1 Xfer OTT
2 Tal Filter 2
4 TDR Kotelnikov
6 Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven
2 Softube Chandler Limited Curve Bender
2 Softube Mutronics Mutator

Kotelnikov, Curve Bender, Izotope Ozone Imager 2, and Thomas Mundt Loudmax, on the master channel.

https://soundcloud.com/full-bucket/1968-2pm-leslie-dust
  • 11 instances of the Roland VK-8 Organ with its built-in Overdrive and Ring modulator effects.
  • Recorded with Reaper 64 (only internal EQ, delay & reverb effects and the fantastic LoudMax64 used).
  • Except for the ostinato :hihi: everything was played "live".
Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:16 pm https://soundcloud.com/full-bucket/1968-2pm-leslie-dust
  • 11 instances of the Roland VK-8 Organ with its built-in Overdrive and Ring modulator effects.
  • Recorded with Reaper 64 (only internal EQ, delay & reverb effects and the fantastic LoudMax64 used).
  • Except for the ostinato :hihi: everything was played "live".
Cheers, Björn
It's your next emulation? :D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Here's my submission which is ALL hardware, including all the effects.

My sound source is my Yamaha DX-11 from 1983. The hardware effects were from the Zoom Studio 1201, Boss Digital Reverb RV-1000, Behringer Virtualizer Pro and the FX section of my Yamaha AW16G Hard disk recorder.

Each track was recorded separately, and then each track was recorded again with any effects required at 100% wet (so the dry and wet tracks can be mixed as required). Once all this had been done, each track was then played back through my Behringer MX2642 analogue mixer and EQ applied using the low, swept mid and high EQ section. The EQ was done for ALL tracks, including the tracks with effects and percussion elements (38 tracks in total).

All 38 tracks were then mixed with no mastering effects, only using SPAN and Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (free) to check the overall levels and frequency content.

Mixed in Reaper 6. CPU: 0.4% and RT CPU: 0.6% - that is only about 1% cpu total.

Final tracks used for mixing after EQ.

1. Bass 1 - programmed to have a small pluck, dry.
2. Bass 2 - programmed to have a full body sound, dry.
3. Keyboard 1 - a basic FM piano, dry.
4. Keyboard 2 - track 3 + reverb.
5. Keyboard 3 - track 3 with a delay
6. Guitar - a raw acoustic sound, dry
7. Guitar - track 6 + reverb
8. Pad 1 - one of the classic DX sounds, dry
9. Pad 1 - track 8 + reverb
10. Strings 1 - classic DX strings,dry
11. Strings 2 - track 10 + reverb
12. Flute solo 1 - pure DX sinewave sounds, LFO vibrato and level scaling (reduce harmonic content for higher notes),dry
13. Flute solo 2 - track 12 + reverb
14. Flute solo 3 - sound of flute 1 but with modulation of operator parameters via mod wheel, dry
15. Guitar solo 1 - classic DX "flamenco" guitar sound,dry
16. Guitar solo 2 - track 15 + reverb
17 - 38. Percussion elements. Bass drum, hats, bongos, toms, rides, triangles etc! Some elements layered with 2 or 3 DX sounds. All dry.

Stats:
LUFS: -14.9
DR: 10

No volume automation was done either, all relative volumes are done by the playing and the key velocity of the DX-11. This means that if you got enough DX-11's on stage into a mixer plus FX units, this track could be played exactly as you hear it, LIVE!

Please enjoy the lovely sounds of this early 80's synth (1983).

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... x11-osc143

Pictures of the Equipment used to make this track, plus lots of cables interconnecting it all through the mixer.

Going into this challenge, I was envisioning something somewhat elaborate, using as many of the Behringer effects pedals as possible just to really lean into the "Behringer, deal w/ it" aspect.

However, the COVID pandemic had other ideas for me. COVID itself is rather mentally draining, and even when one feels up for the physical challenge of twisting knobs, one's brain is often not able to properly appreciate the resulting sonic complexities. So, I had to settle for smaller, less ambitious bites at the table of creation.

Hence this rather "demo"-sounding demo based mostly around scratch recordings I made while sketching out various ideas earlier in the month.

Gotta say that the Neutron makes an incredibly good kick drum - this recording doesn't do it justice.

"Upquark, Downquark, Downquark Makes Two"
Performed entirely on (six instances of) the Behringer Neutron

Sequenced with Jeskola Buzz and Arturia Keystep
Tracked in Audacity
Recorded and edited in Jeskola Buzz

Effects used: VoS ThrillseekerVBL, VoS BootEQmkII, VoS DensitymkII, Joachim Hyperion, Cheapo Amp, Jeskola Raverb, Jeskola Stereo Reverb

https://soundcloud.com/lint_huffer7/lin ... -makes-two
Last edited by Lint_Huffer7 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reusenoise wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:41 pm It's your next emulation? :D
You bet I already have been asked for it... :lol:

Cheers, Björn

A decent drawbar would be excellent. Looking forward to it ;)

dB

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:34 am A decent drawbar would be excellent. Looking forward to it ;)

dB
Like this? Sorry for sidetracking...

To quote the film Babe, "That'll do pig, that'll do". :D :D :lol: :clap:

Return to “Instruments”