Reason Lite - worth d/l as a freebie?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another freebie d/l I can get after I bought a Korg synth. I have to admit I know next to nothing about Reason. So...

1. Can I use it somehow within Cubase? I use Cubase 10.5 Artist, so I don't really want to learn how to use another DAW, but if there are some exciting things in Reason, I would consider downloading it. If I can use it in Cubase...though I suppose I could render and transfer across.

2. If I were to be tempted, is Reason a hard learn considering decades of Cubase use?

2. Any goodies in the Lite version that I don't have already in Cubase? Again, I know nothing about Reason, but it's possible it might have some whizzbang plugins that Cubase doesn't have. I'm well covered for synths (I mostly use h/w alongside the Korg and impOSCar plugins - not really interested that much in other VST synths), but if there are some great FX plugins - I could be tempted. Mainly using the Cubase plugins, a good set of reverb impulses and Valhalla stuff, alongside h/w comps etc (not really interested in s/w dynamics apart from gates and limiters).

Cheers in advance. :)

kritikon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 am Another freebie d/l I can get after I bought a Korg synth. I have to admit I know next to nothing about Reason. So...

1. Can I use it somehow within Cubase?
Yes, that's the Rack plugin version, so you can use it as a VST in Cubase.

Is definitely worth downloading, if you want to take a look at the Reason/Rack plugin world. :) Unfortunately, most of the Reason Lite devices are pretty old now...

Ok, interesting. Rack is the way to go then. Lite has a Rack version?

Yes.

Free is fine. Don't bother doing anything else with Reason ever. Never get enticed to pay for anything from them it's not a good investment due to how they treat their paying customers and due to their lack of proper management making it their future as a company look unstable.

Arguable, I would say. Some people are really happy with Reason.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:11 pm Arguable, I would say. Some people are really happy with Reason.
Or had been until today :D

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am
kritikon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 am Another freebie d/l I can get after I bought a Korg synth. I have to admit I know next to nothing about Reason. So...

1. Can I use it somehow within Cubase?
Yes, that's the Rack plugin version, so you can use it as a VST in Cubase.
Subtractor is still the best synth they have made . Everything else sounds Super thin and washed out .Exept the Sample based Stuff.

Running a company is like playing a chess game, you can play a good move, a bad move, but if you don't move then you only waste time.
When Reason eventually moved, it was already too late IMHO.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”