Cubase Pro 10.5.20 is *no longer* the perfect DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

It must be, because it hasn't been updated since May 2020, even though v11 has just had one. Steinberg obviously can't think of anything that needs fixing.

Was that a rant!?
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

I do think Cubase is underappreciated, though I could be biased. Studio One is its main rival IMO, and has advantages such as unlimited inserts, easy switching between mono/stereo and easily resurrected frozen tracks. However, I feel Steinberg takes on a more professional approach than PreSonus.

Jaxeto wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:21 pm I do think Cubase is underappreciated, though I could be biased. Studio One is its main rival IMO, [...]
Logic is. Although Cubase never again will have a that big userbase.

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Jaxeto wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:21 pm I do think Cubase is underappreciated, though I could be biased. Studio One is its main rival IMO, [...]
Features: Cubase > Studio One > Logic
Learning Curve: Cubase > Logic > Studio One
Price: Cubase > Studio One > Logic (if you already own a Mac)

Jaxeto wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:21 pm I do think Cubase is underappreciated, though I could be biased. Studio One is its main rival IMO, and has advantages such as unlimited inserts, easy switching between mono/stereo and easily resurrected frozen tracks. If these features were implemented in Cubase, it would easily rule. However, I feel Steinberg takes on a more professional approach than PreSonus.

Jaxeto wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:31 pm
That's still Cubase ~= Logic > S1
Some features only Logic has, like a clip launcher, but in other areas Cubase wins.

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 pm
That's still Cubase ~= Logic > S1
Some features only Logic has, like a clip launcher, but in other areas Cubase wins.
I've always felt that Cubase was better suited to recording and Logic to producing electronic music, though both could do either very well.

EDIT because I misread OT.

There were about 3 updates for 10.5. I don't really remember if I have seen more than that for any x.5 version and when new x.x version is released.. it's over.
Current update version for 10.5.20 is 11.10 :P
Last edited by pixel85 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 am It must be, because it hasn't been updated since May 2020, even though v11 has just had one. Steinberg obviously can't think of anything that needs fixing.

Was that a rant!?
In before people twisting that around to "They don't care about or maintain older versions.".

It should be noted that, while having, over the years, dabbled with other DAWs' demos, and while Cubase has been my DAW of choice since the Atari days (28 years!), I was being sarcastic. Normally by this time, 10.5 would be 10.5.50, or even 10.5.60.

Also, I'm campaigning for the, resurgence, of the comma.

Nuendo is where it's at...

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm Nuendo is where it's at...
Shame about the £343 crossgrade price. :( I could almost renew my WUP for that!

Learning Curve: Cubase > Logic > Studio One
Price: Cubase > Studio One > Logic (if you already own a Mac)
I wanna play too! But I'm going to do "less than." Ok? Ready...

Updates: Cubase < Studio One < Reaper
Controller support: Cubase < Studio One < Reaper+CSI
Performance: Studio One < Cubase < Reaper
External FX Support: Cubase < Studio One = Reaper

...guess it just depends on the person's opinion and what metric we want to judge by.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:32 pm It should be noted that, while having, over the years, dabbled with other DAWs' demos, and while Cubase has been my DAW of choice since the Atari days (28 years!), I was being sarcastic. Normally by this time, 10.5 would be 10.5.50, or even 10.5.60.

Also, I'm campaigning for the, resurgence, of the comma.
I, too, do like Cubase, and after having tried several others (yes, I have tried reaper), found that I really don’t want to switch to another DAW, because they all suck, in one way or another.
Being affected by the Mixer window display bug, I am seriously annoyed that there hasn’t been any bug fix update, yet. That thing has been reported months ago.

I tried out many DAW's, but for me Cubase is still the main platform to go. At this moment I use Cubase in combination with Bitwig, and this works really well for me. Of course Bitwig is my experiment, scratch and try-out platform, while Cubase is my record, mix and produce platform (well that produce part to the little amount I am capable of). This is really all the DAW capacity I need, and I doubt that will change in the foreseeable future.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”