Pashkuli Keyboards: discussion + demos

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pashkuli wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:45 am Ideas are everything.
No, only good ideas and their application are everything.

This is just something untested and unproven.

When it comes to validating the design you can't even be bothered to learn it yourself. I'll start to listen when I see a virtuoso performance that clearly demonstrates the advantage over our standard piano keyboard. Until that time your words are meaningless.

Seriously?

cleverr1 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:20 pm No, only good ideas and their application are everything.

This is just something untested and unproven.

When it comes to validating the design you can't even be bothered to learn it yourself. I'll start to listen when I see a virtuoso performance that clearly demonstrates the advantage over our standard piano keyboard. Until that time your words are meaningless.
I have tested it (I had only two prototypes, one sold). It surpasses the Janko/Dreschke and other derivatives manifold.
It is not possible to compare it to a standard piano. It would be as if you'd compare a Flocken Elektrowagen (piano) to a Tesla (my design).
Last edited by Pashkuli on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niowiad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:04 pm Seriously?

Yes. What a waste of finger and hand movement... :lol:
Would you like me to point out the unnatural hand/fingers gesture in this one or you could figure it out yourself?
Last edited by Pashkuli on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PR maybe not your strongest point. To speak of it softly.

Pashkuli wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Would you like me to point out the unnatural hand/fingers gesture in this one or you could figure it out yourself?
Yeah, very clever. :tu:

Noone past basic piano training would ever dream of laying down hands like that, ignoring the upper half of the keys, resulting in unnatural finger/wrist/shoulder posture.

Buf if that's your knowledge on piano technique, and that's how you think you're proving the standard design's inadequacy, you're in for a much thougher time than expected.

and here it is on Pashkuli
comfort.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some random major chord with additional upper voicing...
Look, mom: with one hand! :hyper:

* Notice that I can easily play at least 4 adjacent notes (voicings) by moving the thumb across!
* Notice that I can easily play at least 3 adjacent notes (voicings) by moving the index finger across!
* Notice that I can easily play 3 adjacent notes by moving the middle finger across!
* Maybe switch it to minor if I simply slide to the adjacent key with the ring finger.

Te 4·7-2-7.jpg

T4727.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pashkuli on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pashkuli wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm It is not possible to compare it to a standard piano. It would be as if you'd compare a Flocken Elektrowagen (piano) to a Tesla (my design).
Hmmm... staying with your analogy you'd need someone who could drive your "Tesla" to appraise and demonstrate it, and there is no such driver.
Niowiad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm
Pashkuli wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Yeah, very clever. :tu:

Noone past basic piano training would ever dream of laying down hands like that, ignoring the upper half of the keys, resulting in unnatural finger/wrist/shoulder posture.

Buf if that's your knowledge on piano technique, and that's how you think you're proving the standard design's inadequacy, you're in for a much thougher time than expected.
As Niowiad said all this does is demonstrate totally wrong keyboard technique.

Regarding your other point about stretched chords - I could do that using a qwerty keyboard. What I can't do with a qwerty keyboard is perform as I could on say a piano or a roli.

I'm not being at all negative about your idea, but you being negative about everything else doesn't help your cause here. TBH all I know about the advantages of this keyboard from what you've said compared to say a roli, is that you can play 2 notes with one digit, and that the layout allows for a greater spread of notes to be available with one hand.

You need to walk the walk and demonstrate with some great performance using it, which I for one would look forward to seeing.

cleverr1 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:41 pm TBH all I know about the advantages of this keyboard from what you've said compared to say a roli, is that you can play 2 notes with one digit, and that the layout allows for a greater spread of notes to be available with one hand.
You can play 3 notes with one fingertip... actually 4 or max. 5 if you include a knuckle (but the finger will have to lay down somehow on the keys... not a good sound)
Nothing, absolutely nothing in common to Seaboard. My design is not a grid. It could be done as such but that would require a lot of additional software development, for which I do not have the money to do it and it is not necessary at all! I could improve the Seaboard, but also I know (from Psychology) that unsolicited advice is worse than an insult.

I tried to find someone in my area, who would be willing to learn to play my keyboard instrument and make videos and publications online about it, but I can not pay them for the time being. So, I am learning it on my own and I go to work not related to Music at all.

A small MIDI-keyboard on its way! Finally.

Last edited by Pashkuli on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The curved keys:
  • are more comfortable
  • allow you to play faster\less energy
  • easy transition between the keys themselves
  • thus easier transposition of chords, phrases
  • allow you to play tremolo repeats by sweeping\flickering your fingertips
  • chromatic slides (true chromatic) in two main zones all across
  • can slide from white to black key even at the front (bump rounded corners of the white keys)
  • can press two adjacent keys (intervals) with one fingertip\knuckle

Also, it looks cool and tempting!

The "standard" and PMN (Pashkuli Music Notation) systems. Shown are the first 7 bars from Chopin's "Fantaisie-Imрrоmрtu". Enjoy the comparison!

The proposed notation PMN (Plain Music Notation) is all about:
· simplicity (you need only a pencil and paper)
· extreme accuracy (composer intention) in both staff and chord names (letters + numbers)
· tachyonic speed of mnemonic readability and learning (symbolic)
· it spares vertical and horizontal space (at least 80% of the time) = less paper, less turning of pages
· it is intended towards 12-TET but can be modified to other systems as well
and more...

Last edited by Pashkuli on Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”