Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Yeah, it's extraordinary. I've been doing OSC for a few months and for the last two, I just add more synths and more effects until I've finished and it doesn't even grunt. And that's using Live and most plugins translated by Rosetta 2

Double Tap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:06 pm Yeah, it's extraordinary. I've been doing OSC for a few months and for the last two, I just add more synths and more effects until I've finished and it doesn't even grunt. And that's using Live and most plugins translated by Rosetta 2
If you are in Live, then all plugins are running under Rosetta 2. There's no (present) way to run ARM plugins on an x64 host.

Great thread. I’ll contribute any new ones I run across. It’s moving a little more quickly than originally expected. The DAWs will take the longest, but we might see Studio One updated within the next few months.

Tracktion Waveform as of version 11.1.35

Toneboosters
Duh

bungle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:50 amToneboosters
Good catch! And it looks like they've all been updated as of these versions:

Toneboosters
https://www.toneboosters.com/index.html

All plug-in package v1.5.3 (Jan 2021)
  • Barricade v4.4.7
  • BitJuggler v1.1.2
  • Compressor v4.3.4
  • DualVCF v1.5.5
  • Enhancer v1.2.4
  • Equalizer v4.4.1
  • Morphit v1.5.5
  • ReelBus v4.4.4
  • Reverb v4.4.4
  • Spectrogram v1.1.1

how will Dune work now if it's not Universal Binary, do you need to install both intel and m1 version to have it in Rosetta and native?

trancekid wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:15 am how will Dune work now if it's not Universal Binary, do you need to install both intel and m1 version to have it in Rosetta and native?
The M1 and x64 AU installs cannot co-exist. Basically, if you have both an AS-native DAW and a DAW running under Rosetta2, you can't use both with the AU version of Dune 3.4. You have to pick one architecture. So for anyone running Logic + some other x64 DAW, it does not currently make sense to install the M1-native version if you plan to use Dune 3.4 in both DAWs. Thankfully, Logic's AU bridging works really well.

I've already made a case for this on the Dune 3.4 announcement from Richard. And then followed a whole lot of request-shaming by Windows users who don't understand what UB2 and Rosetta2 are in the context of audio plugins. Thankfully Richard seems to understand the issue, and why it is to his benefit to release a UB2 package. So keep your fingers crossed.
Last edited by teilo on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for the updates, everyone. Keep them coming.

FigBug wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:07 am Tracktion Waveform as of version 11.1.35
Where did you find this? As near as I can tell, Apple Silicon support is only available in the 11.2 beta.

teilo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:34 pm
Where did you find this? As near as I can tell, Apple Silicon support is only available in the 11.2 beta.
From the changelist. 11.1.35 was an earlier beta. 11.1.0 is the released version.

FigBug wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:59 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:34 pm
From the changelist. 11.1.35 was an earlier beta. 11.1.0 is the released version.
Sorry, but your numbers don't make sense. 11.1.35 cannot be a beta of 11.1.0, and the 11.2.0 line has not yet been released except in beta.

Tokyo Dawn Labs?

Sect0r5 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm Tokyo Dawn Labs?
Already there.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”