Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

revvy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:54 am
AnX wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:52 am
revvy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:25 am Just seen on the website that Obsession will get the M1 treatment soon.
roadworks? Long delays?
Fights at service stations on Saturday afternoons
ah yes, the glory days :hihi:

revvy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:25 am Just seen on the website that Obsession will get the M1 treatment soon.

Nice one Synapse, thanks for continuing to support MacOS!
Yep, though The Legend M1 probably comes first. There is a few minor things people have requested here and in our beta forum, stuff we want to add to Obsession while we rebuild everything. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Sure hope the Legend and Obsession updates, have optional additional GUI's that aren't bound in vst/au/aax by the limitations required for having an RE Version.
rsp
sound sculptist

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Nice one Synapse, thanks for continuing to support MacOS!
Yep, though The Legend M1 probably comes first. There is a few minor things people have requested here and in our beta forum, stuff we want to add to Obsession while we rebuild everything. :)

Richard
Take your time , just good to hear the intent :)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:21 pm Sure hope the Legend and Obsession updates, have optional additional GUI's that aren't bound in vst/au/aax by the limitations required for having an RE Version.
rsp
Yes, « squared » UI because of Reason Rack…

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:21 pm Sure hope the Legend and Obsession updates, have optional additional GUI's that aren't bound in vst/au/aax by the limitations required for having an RE Version.
rsp
cant see that changing.... especially as they are emulations, so they want them to at least look similar

a few new features are likely, but a total rewrite of the the skinning system is not

AnX wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am
rsp
cant see that changing.... especially as they are emulations, so they want them to at least look similar

a few new features are likely, but a total rewrite of the the skinning system is not
I very much dislike the colour scheme of Obsession and no it doesn't mirror the OB-XA's colour scheme. I don't mind the colour scheme of Legend, but that is not what I mean.

1) I hate having to flip to the back to change some things.
2) Dune 3's dimensions and size fits much better on my monitor. With Legend and Obsession, Medium is a bit small and Large too big. Even just additional sizes would be nice.

(and yes I am still not a fan of the Obsession's layout, and I have spent years with an Oberheim OB Synth)

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Well, you have to thank Richards obsession (no pun intended) with Re's for the graphical limitations of those two synths (and I expect any further emulations to follow the same format, as they seem pretty similar in simplicity etc)

aside from a res hacker, i doubt there will be any way to change the graphics, and even then it's very limited

Glad to see VST3's are coming. Tried Dune3 VST3, I do wish they were getting the Juce/multi-touch treatment but oh well, at least most parameters of legend/obsession are mappable to hardware via automation. Hopefully the Legend matrix slots will be exposed to automation like Obsession's are (plus any remaining buttons/parameters).

AnX wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:37 pm Well, you have to thank Richards obsession (no pun intended) with Re's for the graphical limitations of those two synths (and I expect any further emulations to follow the same format, as they seem pretty similar in simplicity etc)
Actually we can have a different UI. Technically this is not much of an issue, the interface code is completely separate for VST and RE, it is just the core DSP code which is shared. Of course we would have to design a new skin which is the hard part, and there is no guarantee a new skin is going to suit everybody's taste. But it is certainly possible. What is not possible is just to transfer such changes made to the VST/AU/AAX over to the Rack Extension. So some RE users may complain here. Since Reason supports VST since a while now, this is less of an issue though than a couple years ago.

Richard
Last edited by Richard_Synapse on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That would be great.

Rsp
sound sculptist

It won't happen. Trust me, we all tried to convince him during beta with no success. As Rich said, no matter what you do, someone will complain. Therefore the easiest thing is to do nothing. I hate the front/back thing but it is what it is and I really can't see it changing. It's probably why I never use Obsession any more, either.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I still use it as it's still easy to use and still sounds superb. Don't like the front /back so much but hey.

And I paid for it too.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I always reach for bx_oberhausen but that's probably as much to do with the proper SEM filter as anything else. But I do prefer bx_oberhausen's GUI/workflow as well.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:18 am It won't happen. Trust me, we all tried to convince him during beta with no success. As Rich said, no matter what you do, someone will complain.
Yes, probably BONES. But again, the situation is different today. The RE info/shop page seems to be somewhat hidden right now (unless I'm missing something- not sure where this is going), and many users have crossgraded to VST already.

Richard

Return to “Instruments”