Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:41 am Saying you're happy with the browser is like saying you're happy cutting your feet on rocks while everyone else around you was provided with shoes for the trail. everyone will likely get to the same destination, some more comfortably than others.To each their own I guess.
I'll turn that around on you...saying you're unhappy with the browser means you favor features of convenience over features of function.

I'd rather have a new "accurate emulation of an analog synthesizer" or some other functional enhancements in current plugins than have time spent on a new browser since I have no problem with patch management in the current system.

But like you said to each their own.
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:41 amI'm not sure why exactly a browser would be insanely hard to implement.
See that's the thing. When we make a request any request we don't know if that's a few hours of coding or a few months.

People have asked for a browser like the one found in Hive. No telling how long that would take and in the end is DUNE 3 or OBsession going to sound one bit different ?

But once again I hope everyone gets what they're asking for whether those are features I need or not. All you can do is hope for the best.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes I'm satisfied with the function of all my Synapse synths (Legend, Obsession, Dune 3). The reason that I really want them to be more comfortable to use is BECAUSE I'm satisfied with their function and I actually use them.

Props to U-he for not only making improvements and adding features to Hive in the current 2.1 beta, but for also tweaking its default UI to make it better, AND for having Plugmon create a brand new UI for it.

Meanwhile, it's like talking to a brick wall over here at Synapse...

dvnation wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:55 am. And if REs are so important to you and your business, why haven't you ported Dune to RE?
Re's limitation wouldn't allow it, and now it hosts VST it's not needed

dvnation wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Meanwhile, it's like talking to a brick wall over here at Synapse...
cos you can't get your own way?

priceless :lol:

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:31 pm
cos you can't get your own way?

priceless :lol:
Yeah...isn't that how the internet works? 😏

dvnation wrote: Meanwhile, it's like talking to a brick wall over here at Synapse...
Keep in mind how many people work at Synapse compared to U-he. And even they can’t do anywhere near as much as they would like.

In fairness to Richard, u-he has a forum here whilst Synapse Audio host their own forum themselves elsewhere...... that being said however,
when u-he was just Urs, it was still if not as, almost as responsive as it still is now, and a lot more customer feedback friendly.
rsp
sound sculptist

urs is a great guy 8)
but, just because he runs his company one way, does not make that "the way to run a company". it's just one way to do so.

buying a synth then expecting everything to be changed to your liking, in the same way as another companies offerings afterwards seems a bit odd tbh. it's like buying a genesis album and asking why there are no yes songs on it?

Jesus Christ I am so tired of you beta testers with the same song over and over.
It is not just me who wants a better preset browser.
It is not a niche request. And it has been requested here for at least 9 years.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pm Jesus Christ I am so tired of you beta testers with the same song over and over.
It is not a niche request.
rsp
awesome!
but...
not a beta tester :shrug:

I thought you were (from the previous Obsession thread), apologies.
rsp
sound sculptist

no, never for synapse audio.
i have for several other companies.

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pm It is not just me who wants a better preset browser.
No as I said......
Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:40 amI will say that judging just by the sheer number of requests that a new browser is probably the number one request.
However throwing a temper tantrum won't make changes happen any faster.
zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pmIt is not a niche request. And it has been requested here for at least 9 years.
It's also not the only request. I've got requests as old as that and they haven't been implemented and may never be. I've been asking, no begging for .sfz import in DUNE 3 for years and we got single sample import instead. Sure I'm disappointed but I understand and am grateful for what we are given.

So here we see people asking for a new GUI for OBsession and a new Browser for DUNE 3. Which one should take precedence ?

If they make a new GUI first people who want the Browser will bitch and if....well you can take it from there.

Like I also said Mac people are clamoring for M1 versions so add that feature request to the list.

Everyone has their own favorite feature requests. Mine are no more important than yours and yours no more important than mine.

Like I said all we can do is make our requests in a respectful manner and hope for the best. Getting upset about it will accomplish nothing.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pm Jesus Christ I am so tired of you beta testers with the same song over and over.
It is not a niche request. And it has been requested here for at least 9 years.
rsp

it should be clear then, after 9 years, it's not top of his to do list....

prob time to move on...

Return to “Instruments”