One Synth Challenge #144: Rand by Sampleson (schiing Wins! kylebenjamin grabs the single instance prize!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ELEX wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:26 pm @The B00:That's strange. You should not need ext. plugins to pan a zero width signal. Width comes before pan in REAPER, so you should be able to pan to either side. Just checked and it works as expected here. Seems there's something else going on in your case.
Yes, something very strange is going on - I'm 12 tracks into my project and after changing pan law to stereo, reducing width, I can't hear any hard right panned track, though there is a visual signal.

However, I've created a new project and made the same changes but can hear a hard panned instance :(

I'll investigate further and see what's causing this anomaly.

@fip - Press "edit current" ...

dB

doctorbob wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:35 pm @fip - Press "edit current" ...
Thanks, DB. I know, I'm just pretending it doesn't exist.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Also here right side crackings on Cubase 11.
But they are nearly gone for me after setting the ASIO buffer to 96Samples in my Asio4All driver 2.14 directly.
Only BiQuad filters do work.

Value Entry by Keyb = Shift + Left Mouse Btn.
MidiLearn = Shift + Right Mouse Btn.

schiing wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:54 am It's the weirdest thing - it crashes i.e. when I switch to Chrome and scroll down a web page. Never happened to me before. I have a feeling that adjusting sample rate and resolution to the requirements of this software's fickle mind will fix it, but there are definitely some stability issues here. (I'm on Win10, i9-10900X, 64-bit, Focusrite 18i20 2nd gen.)

On the other hand, I'm 26 instances in, and it hardly registers on my CPU monitor. And it's pretty stable as long as I stay in the DAW window.

And no crackles yet here, touch wood!
In fairness to Sampleson: My specific problem seems to stem from an old delay plugin I hadn't used in years. I should have checked before putting it on 13 individual tracks with different settings. Now I have to clone all settings to a different delay, sigh.

On the plus side: I now have no issues with Rand! At 40 instances - CPU: 20%.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

I actually went to the trouble of making some fizzing, crackling sounds to layer up my bass, then last night they just disappeared.

(Turned out my crappy audio interface was to blame).

FrogsInPants wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:51 pm
Yeah I know - just pretending I didn't know you know :D

dB

doctorbob wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:28 pm
FrogsInPants wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:51 pm
Yeah I know - just pretending I didn't know you know :D
Well, I'm, uh, pretending to - wait - dammit! You got me.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

A word of warning: setting the filter LFO to square caused an extremely loud signal. Even with RES set to minimum. In REAPER 6.21 that was.

Seen that too ... luckily I set Reaper to automute a track which goes above a certain dB value so either the speakers aren't hit or my ears don't get blasted, such that they are these days.

dB

Frankly, I'm amazed that any updated plugin would still contain such a bug. Any user might just be one push of the big button away from damage to equipment or ears. Good thing I have automute engaged too.

I didn't manage to find the cause of the problem in my project and had to start over. Very weird indeed.

It's a shame that this plugin has so many bugs - I really like the concept.

Yeah, some of the issues others have mentioned have shown up on Ableton, but it's not a deal breaker and CPU usage seems very low at 15 instances while doing some sound "design" :ud: .This one has more Challenge in it - I'm up for it. Seems no matter how hard I smash it, that random button will never give me a decent kick or snare... :hihi:
Last edited by MalToné on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

MalToné wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:01 pm Yeah, some of the issues others have mentioned have shown up on Ableton, but it's not a deal breaker and CPU usage seems very low at 15 instances while doing some sound "design" :ud: .This one has more Challenge in it - I'm up for it. Seems that random button will never give me a decent kick or snare... :hihi:
I made a couple of kicks, not perfect but a decent starting point,late these night I will upload them
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Here a copules of kick drum,just a starting point.
Files are in .fxp program
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Return to “Instruments”