RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

You can already set different rules for different parts and lines.
As an improvement the rule name is automatically set in the master track inspector, depending on the selected chords (the first chord counts), and rule names are displayed in the structure inspector/list.
sj1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:53 pm BTW Attila, I don't recall you commenting in any way about the notion of having multiple chord rule sets apply to different areas of the composition (ala Scales).

How does this strike you? Useless? Useful but difficult to do? Other?

when it comes to importing MIDI and auto detect phrases ,could we have the option to have 4 bars preferred bars as well as one and two as a lot of chord progressions are 4 bars as well as melodies.

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:16 am You can already set different rules for different parts and lines.
As an improvement the rule name is automatically set in the master track inspector, depending on the selected chords (the first chord counts), and rule names are displayed in the structure inspector/list.
That sounds good!

It seems sensible to tie the Rule Sets to parts and lines. Once we have a full and easy UI capability to quickly redefine where the parts and lines fall as measures (time, chords) are added or taken away all should be well!

I just want to mention that I've successfully imported a gigantic library of MIDI file progressions into RC easy-peasy.

The drag-and-drop of MIDI files onto the Progression Browser is a superb addition!
Last edited by sj1 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very cool, I am happy to hear that!

Hi,

Here's an idea for expansion of the amazing 'Add Chords to Progression Rules' capability -

Add Song to Progression Rules - Automatically adds the chords from all lines in Song.

IOW, this is as if the user manually selected each line in turn and did 'Add Chords to Progression Rules', only it all happens in one simple operation ("Yay!" for computer assistance!).

Using a function like this, the harmonic content of any song can become a guiding rule set for new song generation. Doing this multiple times for multiple songs into the same destination chord rule set effectively would define rules for a whole custom (sub)genre.

Note that you will not get the correct effect by simply selecting all the chords in a song and doing 'Add Chords to Progression Rules'. Instead, the key point is to visit every (desired) line/cadence and add them one-by-one. I've tried it experimentally and I think the procedure works quite well. If the computer is used to take the chore out of it, the sky will be the limit!

+1

[deleted]
Last edited by BluGenes on Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted]

nested folders not removing from phrase browser.. did this change?

edit: the dot phrase file not being deleted when removed..
Last edited by BluGenes on Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v4.1 is uploaded now, that is the latest version at the moment.
There is no beta version right now.
I also updated the user guide, and added new v4 videos by Mykyndryd and BluGenes on my website.
A big thanks to everyone who helped with videos, suggestions and other contributions! :clap: :love:

In the next few weeks I must concentrate on implementing hardware accelerated UI, especially macOS users are aware of the problems. This cannot be postponed. Please continue to report bugs, but I may not be quick with implementing new features during this time.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:11 pm v4.1 is uploaded now, that is the latest version at the moment.
There is no beta version right now.
I also updated the user guide, and added new v4 videos by Mykyndryd and BluGenes on my website.
A big thanks to everyone who helped with videos, suggestions and other contributions! :clap: :love:

In the next few weeks I must concentrate on implementing hardware accelerated UI, especially macOS users are aware of the problems. This cannot be postponed. Please continue to report bugs, but I may not be quick with implementing new features during this time.

Thanks,
Attila
I'll just make a list of bugs .. just let me know when you are ready .. so, far, just that one really minor one found..

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:29 am
lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:51 pm Here's a video hope you can see what i mean it dose not save your edits.
Now I see what is wrong! Thanks for the video, lovemusic15! :tu:

EDIT: fixed
Is this fixed now in the latest beta version ?

4.1. Crash when selecting a instrument in the track inspector
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lovemusic15 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:16 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:29 am
lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:51 pm Here's a video hope you can see what i mean it dose not save your edits.
Now I see what is wrong! Thanks for the video, lovemusic15! :tu:

EDIT: fixed
Is this fixed now in the latest beta version ?
It's fixed in the production version 4.1.. no new beta

Return to “MusicDevelopments”