No QWERTY input to RC Vst in Cubase 11 (Win 10)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

When I load RC as a VST in Cubase 11, RC does not respond to input from the computer (not midi) keyboard. For example, if I click on a phrase in a track in RC with the mouse and then hit the delete key to remove it, the phrase is not deleted. If I hold shift or shift H when adding a phrase to a track, the keyboard input is ignored.

Same issue does not occur when using RC standalone.

This is on a Win 10 Pro PC.

Any help appreciated - thanks.

I would be happy if a kind Cubase user would comment this, because I have no access to Cubase.
Various DAWs handle keystrokes differently.
In REAPER you can enable "Send all keyboard input to plug-in" but by default the plug-in does not get keystrokes.
In Studio One the plug-in does not get any keystrokes, and I found no options for this.
Some plug-ins ignore the standard Windows event handling, and have their own ways to detect keypresses. I don't think this is a good idea.
Unfortunately I do not know how this is handled in Cubase...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

If I double-click on the name of a track, I can enter a new name for it in RC. So some keyboard input is clearly being passed to RC from cubase. But after doing so, it still wont (for example) allow me to click on a phrase and then delete it.

I think I found the fix. For the RC window, I had "Always on top" activated from the Cubase window frame which houses the plug in window. When I deselect that option, the RC window has now started responding to the qwerty keyboard input as it should.
So there seems to be something buggy about Cubase and its window management for VST plug ins.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing the solution!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”