Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

The new update with the vector engine includes 26 presets by New Loops (me) :) Now you can hear the power of HY-Poly - enjoy!

vectoring. yum

Dasheesh wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:39 pm vectoring. yum
It works so well and is really easy to use. :tu:

This synth is an underrated gem. :phones:
It works so well and is really easy to use.
... I don't get how it works :oops:
I can't manage to change the waves.
Does it come with some waves by default?

sinkmusic wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 pm This synth is an underrated gem. :phones:
It works so well and is really easy to use.
... I don't get how it works :oops:
I can't manage to change the waves.
Does it come with some waves by default?
Not who you were replying to but I can help with this (if I'm understanding what you're asking)

On the vector page, under the image of the wave, click the button titled Load. This will give you a list of installed waves.

...then switch to path. where the fun begins.

Hi, Dasheesh & Hardwired,
Sorry if my question was unclear.
That is what I did, but the wavetable list is blank. It seems that no path is selected (and i don't get how to point the browser to a path).
This is what I get when i clock on "load" (and clicking on the arrow or browser icons do nothing) :
Am I missing something?

Strange. When I do the same thing as you, I get a list of about 60 wav files.
Is there any possibility that you maybe grabbed the free version installer from the HY site? (I'm guessing that this isn't the case as it shows as registered)

Do you have a folder called Factory Waveforms at
C:\Users\***\Documents\HY-Plugins\HY-POLY\
(where *** is your own user account. assuming you're on windows of course)

Thank you. I think I have a clue : I am running the full version, but i don't use the installer (i'm using the ZIP), and I'm using custom paths for the presets. Maybe that the waveform folder (which I can see in my "custom Hyakken folder path") path is hardcoded (in the preferences, you can set a custom preset folder path, but no wavetable path), and can't find it if it is elsewhere?
Maybe Tadashi will chime in and take a look about it?

Definitely could be that. I just default installed it. I guess you could try putting the Factory Waveforms folder to the location I stated and try that. Might be a temporary solution so you can try out the Vector part in the interim until Tadashi sorts it.

I have the exact same issue than sinkmusic (macOS Catalina) : no wavetable displaying when clicking on Load, and nothing happens when clicking on the buttons of the dialog box.

I installed using the installer (that's the only option on macOS)

Seems also not related to the DAW, i tried with Bitwig and Ableton Live and I've got the same behavior. Running VST2 or VST3 give the same result for me
Last edited by NeP94 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just updated HY-POLY to 1.2.1.
This might fix it.
If you have blank window issue, please try v1.2.1.

Tadashi

Thanks hyakken for being so fast.
Version 1.2.1 now makes the folder button display a folder selection window (as expected), but by default I still don't see any factory waveforms (I don't find where they're located on macOS, maybe selecting that folder would be a workaround?)

hardwired wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 pm Definitely could be that. I just default installed it. I guess you could try putting the Factory Waveforms folder to the location I stated and try that. Might be a temporary solution so you can try out the Vector part in the interim until Tadashi sorts it.
That works indeed! :hug:

I'm going to try the update, i'm downloading it right now.

Yes, with v1.2.0, if you don't have factory waveform folder,
the waveform load window will not work.
V1.2.1 will not care about the factory folder.

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”