Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think last year in an email I was told 'a month or two'

urgh, the wait has been actually quite annoying, version 1 is one of my fave multiFX

anyone have any new juicy info on it? i'm also hoping its not too expensive seeing as PA picked it up for distribution

Will it be sold on Plugin Alliance I wonder
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I think Dmitry is part of PA (or, at least, partner), so, yes.

I look forward to it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

studiowaveform wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm i'm also hoping its not too expensive seeing as PA picked it up for distribution
Going on previous releases it will have a high list price but be available for cheap in the sales after a period.

woodsdenis wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:40 pm Will it be sold on Plugin Alliance I wonder
Great. It will be a $399 list price and we'll have to wait for the $29 sale. :dog:

I think Dmitry made a huge mistake going with Plugin Alliance to handle the sales of his plugins. :?

I haven't heard a word from him for quite awhile so no telling what the future holds. I really do like Tantra so any new version would be welcome.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Maybe financially it has been worth it for him.
rsp
sound sculptist

Maybe. It depends on how many people bought Thorn during the $29 or $39 sale as opposed to paying full price from Dmitry's site.

Tantra and Diversion are still being sold direclty from his site so that might tell us something.

https://dmitrysches.com/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Neither of us I believe has any idea of the contract he has with PA.
Maybe he gets a regularly payment monthly.

rsp
sound sculptist

For sure when Tantra 2 was announced I believed it was Dirk who announced it for PA.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pm Neither of us I believe has any idea of the contract he has with PA.
Of course neither of us know.
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pmMaybe he gets a regularly payment monthly.
And maybe not.

I've done some work for Dmitry and Bernie from Nomad Factory and they were both very generous to me so I wish Dmitry only the best and say rest in peace to Bernie. I don't feel being associated with PA is in Dmitry's best interest but as you said neither of us know for sure so any further discussion on the subject is pointless.

So yea bring on Tantra 2 whether I have to wait for the $399 to $29 price drop from PA or not. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:28 pm I don't feel being associated with PA is in Dmitry's best interest
I didn't keep the email, but, when he announced that he will join PA, he said that he will be in a much better situation than running a one man show. So, I would definitely say that it was in his best interest to join PA. At least according to him.

Great guy, BTW, as you say. I exchanged a couple of emails with him, and he was very friendly and generous.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:37 pm I didn't keep the email, but, when he announced that he will join PA, he said that he will be in a much better situation than running a one man show. So, I would definitely say that it was in his best interest to join PA. At least according to him.
He definitely is better off allowing someone else to handle the sales and distribution of his plugins since that gives him more time to concentrate on coding but just not PA.

I think Plugin Boutique would have been a better choice or some other distributor.

Not a fan of PA's pricing scam errr I mean scheme...... :wink:

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:28 pm I don't feel being associated with PA is in Dmitry's best interest but as you said neither of us know for sure so any further discussion on the subject is pointless.
Unless you're privy to info no one else here has I think your post has more to do with a grudge against PA than Dmitry's wellbeing. You have a history of attacking PA and I'm assuming the beef is with the CEO. PA is more than just one individual. It's responsible for many livelihoods. They can price their products how they like it's not breaking any laws afaik.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:56 am Unless you're privy to info no one else here has I think your post has more to do with a grudge against PA than Dmitry's wellbeing. You have a history of attacking PA and I'm assuming the beef is with the CEO. PA is more than just one individual. It's responsible for many livelihoods. They can price their products how they like it's not breaking any laws afaik.
No my main concern is Dmitry's well being. I don't feel that his joining PA was the right move.

Yes I have a negative attitude about PA and of course they're allowed to be as silly as they wish and it's not "breaking any laws". My beef is not with Dirk himself but his offensive pricing scheme.

I feel it treats people like idiots and suckers hoping they pay the silly high list price instead of waiting for the inevitable 90% off sale.

I've bought plugins from PA and recently but I'm not silly enough to pay $399 for a $40 plugin despite what PA may wish.

But am I the only one at KVR who has a negative attitude of one developer or the other or one product or the other or one member or the other ?

No of course not you're showing a negative attitude towards me so we all have our opinions.

You're allowed to have yours, I'm allowed to have mine. :shrug:

Return to “Effects”