Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Ok, will check.

hello, could someone help me find the last version to work on winxp 32bit? anyone else back here with me and is managing to stay up to date somehow?

Thanks, that helped narrow it down. None of those worked so 1.4 looks like the last one...are there any sonic difference between 1.4 and 2.2 I'm missing out on?

1.4 and 2.2 share the same DSP code so you're safe on that regard.

I noticed a bug in the 2.2 : all the banks installed (fxb format) can be opened in Logic, except the AzurStudio banks. And it's impossible to open aupresets from previous version.

Best regards

How does this compare with the premium OB vsts? (Sorry not reading 300 pages to find where someone else has inevitably asked this question)

don't read, demo them
Last edited by carrieres on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tried the Synapse Obsession, I gather it's a different Oberheim model, but it sounds loads better

ghostwhistler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 am Tried the Synapse Obsession, I gather it's a different Oberheim model, but it sounds loads better
And it also costs a 100 bucks.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 am
ghostwhistler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 am Tried the Synapse Obsession, I gather it's a different Oberheim model, but it sounds loads better
And it also costs a 100 bucks.
I get that, but I'm not sure how it's relevant.

It may be relevant for somebody who hasn't got $99 for 'loads better'?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

OB-Xd is more of a tribute rather than an accurate emulation. It's inspired by Oberheims, but doesn't go to great lengths to completely nail the sound, in the way OBsession did. It still sounds pretty great in its own right, due to good quality oscillators and zero-delay feedback filters.

Spitfire31 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 am It may be relevant for somebody who hasn't got $99 for 'loads better'?
I think we maybe talking past each other. I understand that cost is a factor. It's a factor for me otherwise I wouldn't be posting about this :D

But I'm speaking as to how good the vsts are. Just being free isn't enough, it still has to do the job. The question is how effectively. Being free is fantastic and the obxd is very good, but just because it's free isn't an argument for it's efficacy as an emulation.

ghostwhistler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm But I'm speaking as to how good the vsts are. Just being free isn't enough, it still has to do the job.
obxd makes great analog sounds free or not, and anyone with a pinkys worth of talant can take advantage of that.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”