Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tantra 2 is still on my buy list.

I love this in the about section on his webpage:

Hello, I'm Dmitry Sches. I develop virtual audio instruments and effects, I run DS Audio Software since 2010. As well, I work together with Nomad Factory and Plugivery

Software developer from Belarus, Minsk
I love digital sound processing
Guitar is the best sound source I've ever heard
Sound designer. I designed factory presets for Thorn, Diversion and Tantra. If you have the excellent synth Zebra2 by Urs Heckmann, you could check my Zebra's sounds here
I have a wonderful little son
I think, I'm a good person. At least my wife agrees

I think he is a good person too. I've had some customer support dialogue and I can confirm he is very generous!

FWIW I feel the same way about PA. The game they play is just annoying. Won't buy from them.

And it's not personal. Dirk is probably a nice guy.

I'd completely leave PA if Unfiltered Audio weren't on the roster TBH! I'm not a Thorn user but looking forward to Tantra 2...I still have their annoying installer just for UA stuff, so I'd still at least entertain anything that's not UA but looks moderately interesting.

daily patcher wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:22 am I still have their annoying installer just for UA stuff, so I'd still at least entertain anything that's not UA but looks moderately interesting.
One of the least annoying installers out there.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 am
daily patcher wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:22 am I still have their annoying installer just for UA stuff, so I'd still at least entertain anything that's not UA but looks moderately interesting.
One of the least annoying installers out there.
It's innocuous enough - but just not particularly useful given it doesn't actually inform you of the presence of updates.

Slightly off topic, but for any PA bought plugins, how do you get informed about updates ? I have a couple on their, but they either never get updated or I am missing the info, their installer is just an installer right ? Doesn't do updates ?

I, too, am interested in Tantra, but will wait for Tantra2 to land before I get it. I like Thorn from DS.

What is DS like for upgrades to his plugins for current users ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:06 am Slightly off topic, but for any PA bought plugins, how do you get informed about updates ? I have a couple on their, but they either never get updated or I am missing the info, their installer is just an installer right ? Doesn't do updates ?

I, too, am interested in Tantra, but will wait for Tantra2 to land before I get it. I like Thorn from DS.

What is DS like for upgrades to his plugins for current users ?
Well at the moment it doesn't inform you of updates. I believe they are working on this last I heard, so updates is via emails, word of mouth, or checking your account - not very efficient. However the installer will install the latest versions when run, so you could periodically run it to ensure you have the latest versions. Not ideal but most updates aren't that frequent anyway, so once done you could probably leave it for six months, bar any major updates but that would get a big announcement anyway.

Awaiting the Tantra 2 upgrade policy (if any), as obviously Tantra is DS and T2 is PA, so no saying what will happen as it's a new thing.

Chiming in to say that I'm anxiously awaiting Tantra 2 as well. I've been using the original for about 3 years and I'd love to see what the new version brings.

I also agree with sentiments about Unfiltered Audio: I picked up Dent/Indent and Sandman Pro/Instant Delay over the holidays and like the movement they bring. It also spurred me to rediscover Zip, which is quite an overlooked compressor.

I recently had my Tantra license transferred and asked how he was progressing with Tantra and Diversion. He said he was currently focusing on Tantra 2
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Back on the subject of Tantra 2 I just received the following message from Dmitry:

"I'm doing great and work on Tantra 2 is almost finished, it should have been released few months ago but I decided to significantly improve UI and that shifted the release. I think I'll make it ready in two months or something and eventually get done. As well I have a new cool synth cooking, soon I'll resume work on it and hope to finish this year".

So yea looking forward not only to Tantra 2 but the cool new synth as well....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:19 pm Back on the subject of Tantra 2 I just received the following message from Dmitry:

"I'm doing great and work on Tantra 2 is almost finished, it should have been released few months ago but I decided to significantly improve UI and that shifted the release. I think I'll make it ready in two months or something and eventually get done. As well I have a new cool synth cooking, soon I'll resume work on it and hope to finish this year".

So yea looking forward not only to Tantra 2 but the cool new synth as well....... :tu:
excellent, thanks! so a few months away, been waiting over a year so I guess I can try and stop thinking about it for a while

Tantra is one of my most used plugins. I use it a lot for guitar work. That Tantra 2 is coming is fantastic news.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

DS is a great programmer - you do you Dmitry & release the software whenever you get it to where you want it
I'll wait
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Effects”