RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

sj1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:53 pm BTW, can the same scale be in the database with more than one name?
Yes, of course. E.g. Major, Ionian, Ethiopian Araray, and Mela Dhirasankarabharana all have the same notes.
I know I should add a scale look up tool.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BluGenes wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:00 pm So, stay safe @ 127.0.0.1 and always wear a 255.255.255.0 when you go out!
:hihi: I have not heard this yet, really!

Hi,

I'm observing the Auto-Harmonize operation seemingly failing to respect its Chord Change: On Bars setting.

This pic shows a 5th chord 'A' created on the last beat of a 4-bar selected area.

RC - Auto-Harmonize Makes Extra Chord.jpg

I don't think that is supposed to happen (and it was certainly not intended) with the settings shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm
sj1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:53 pm BTW, can the same scale be in the database with more than one name?
Yes, of course. E.g. Major, Ionian, Ethiopian Araray, and Mela Dhirasankarabharana all have the same notes.
I know I should add a scale look up tool.
OK, thanks!

How to do it?

I was thinking that 'New Scale' as shown here:

RC - How to resave Scale.jpg

would save the scale in the box under a new name (if I changed the name).

It does, however, when saving it deleted the prior scale, which was not intended.

Given the picture, should I be able to save the Super Locrian as "Altered Dom" without destroying the "Super Locrian"? If so how?

Or is there another approach required (such as duplicating and renaming a file in Explorer)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Indeed that should not happen. Would you send me the composition file in e-mail so that I can easily reproduce this? I have not touched harmonization, so this bug may exist since the beginning.

Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:38 pm Hi,

I'm observing the Auto-Harmonize operation seemingly failing to respect its Chord Change: On Bars setting.

This pic shows a 5th chord 'A' created on the last beat of a 4-bar selected area.

I don't think that is supposed to happen (and it was certainly not intended) with the settings shown.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:09 pm Would you send me the composition file in e-mail so that I can easily reproduce this? I have not touched harmonization, so this bug may exist since the beginning.
Sent!

Does anybody here use the fingerpicking generator ? trying to figure out if it's possible to make guitar riffs like this with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHMDlAPMUw

Are you going to fix bugs before the hardware acceleration stuff is finished?

Hi Attila ! Pirate sites already have RC 4.1. You should already think about protecting your RC ! )) PS I'm just for information)

Just updated to 4.1 and now I'm getting this when I run RC.

rc4.1.jpg

Where do I find the content libraries? Maybe they need to be re-installed?

It looked like it had been partly un-installed (icons were missing the normal RC bitmap).
So I un-installed it (at this point it said that it might not be properly installed) and re-installed it.
Now runs OK and I just need to add back all the content.

Hi,

Is there an operation to split a phrase (or many phrases) at chord boundaries?

I find that after importing a .MID file, my phrases are all 1 bar in length, which is great when the chords are 1 bar in length, but when there are, say, 2 chords per bar then I would (most often) wish for the phrases to match.

The only phrase splitting op I've found so far is to put the play head at the desired split point, then select the phrase and then I can split that one phrase at that point via the Phrase Inspector. This is not a rapid way to deal with entire songs.

Apologies if I'm missing how to do it ...

sj1 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm Hi,

Is there an operation to split a phrase (or many phrases) at chord boundaries?

I find that after importing a .MID file, my phrases are all 1 bar in length, which is great when the chords are 1 bar in length, but when there are, say, 2 chords per bar then I would (most often) wish for the phrases to match.

The only phrase splitting op I've found so far is to put the play head at the desired split point, then select the phrase and then I can split that one phrase at that point via the Phrase Inspector. This is not a rapid way to deal with entire songs.

Apologies if I'm missing how to do it ...
My workaround is make a long chord progression before hand where the chords are closer together say every half bar and save it to your chord progressions ,then when you want to spilt the chords ,just dropped your saved progression on the master track, then split phrase at chord boundaries.

Thanks lovemusic15, but there is something I don't get. You say "... then split phrase at chord boundaries." - but that is exactly the operation the absence of which I am commenting on.

If there is a 'split phrase at chord boundaries' operation, please tell me where to find it!

Right click on the timeline )

Return to “MusicDevelopments”