Knobcloud.com - a free vst-marketplace

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you!
Knobcloud.com - marketplace for audio software

So far about 2000 plugins have been listed, and 1000 were sold.

How does knobcloud make any money?

knob
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

easyrider wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:56 pm How does knobcloud make any money?
So far it is only about offering a good service. We´re confident the site will be able to make money hosting ads and offering services to developers and commercial retailers, but we´re not in a rush and want to get things right first.

Grottengeier wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm want to get things right first.
Like the attitude, but you're pretty close already! :tu:

Enjoy your system so much more now than putting up stuff here or eBay. Only reason I still prefer eBay is for the sheer amount of audience. It still feels like Knobcloud by far isn't as publicly known and talked of as it should be.

Proteinshake wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:37 pm
Like the attitude, but you're pretty close already! :tu:

Enjoy your system so much more now than putting up stuff here or eBay. Only reason I still prefer eBay is for the sheer amount of audience. It still feels like Knobcloud by far isn't as publicly known and talked of as it should be.
Thank you! :)

The 4th of february an influencer video will be online, I´m looking forward to it. This platform deserves to be better known. It is safer than all alternatives, thanks to the validation with "Connect with PayPal" and the mandatory PayPal buyer protection, it is easy to use thanks to the implemented Transfer Policies of 130 developers, and it is free - what else can you want. A lot of work will go into it this year, I hope it will pay off by selling adspace or with affiliate marketing.

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for this service. Used the site to purchase a few things. So far lucky and happy to see everything has been very positive. Not just a great service, but makes me feel positive about the honesty of people.

Nevermind.

Just here to say that I have already bought plugins in knobcloud and the experience was good.

AlovesZ wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:07 am Just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for this service. Used the site to purchase a few things. So far lucky and happy to see everything has been very positive. Not just a great service, but makes me feel positive about the honesty of people.
Thank you. This is the great thing about "Connect with PayPal", you can ban the troublemakers and they will most likely not be able to come back. I also have this impression that people who buy plugins are usually honest people who want to stay on the legal side of things, and for the overwhelming majority of users the experiences have been positive.

fcamp wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:36 am Just here to say that I have already bought plugins in knobcloud and the experience was good.
:tu:

I watched that video, and on the back of it signed up to KnobCloud (I hate myself a little for being so easily influenced) and managed to shift a few things pretty quickly that no one on KVR was interested in (I thought the asking prices were very reasonable; I don't care about getting even close to breaking even, just getting rid of things I no longer/never use as I barely write any tunes anymore). There are some issues with buyers misunderstanding what they need to provide, even though the listings on KnobCloud make it very clear - nothing major, just some confusion over currencies and required information not being provided. I like the suggested transfer fees and hints when listing; made life a lot easier. One negative, and not the site's fault, and that is the annoying messages requesting trades (I don't want your Waves plugins!), or seriously ridiculous low-ball offers, which I've also had from posting on KVR, e.g. "I only got $20, help a bro out here!! I really neeeeeed The Glue!". Hopefully the listings do normalise as more items are posted (Pulsar Smasher for $10? Doesn't everyone and their grandmothers have this already and for free? Good luck in that, I guess).

I'm sure it's been said by many here... But... The name. Not sure about any other country, but in the UK at least, "Knob" has a rather unfortunate meaning. Maybe this is what you're going for; the double entendre... It is a bit of a knob thing to do: sell plugins second hand, doing the plugin developers out of a legit full price sale.

Great idea, and I will be following the site. I hope this is successful for all involved: sellers, buyers, and the KnobCloud team.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”