Celestial FREE Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:03 pm The same drama happens in all the Gullfoss threads. You know people throwing out all sorts of accusations and conspiracies. My own conspiracy theory is that whenever a genuinely innovative plugin comes out, there are those of us with interests in competitor products that get riled up. There is nothing else out there quite like AA or Gullfoss.
In my opinion, and for my needs, both AA and Sound Theory run their businesses in unorthdoxed and customer-unfriendly ways. There is nothing wrong with customers pointing out their issues with a company. The drama occurs when said companies start fighting back against the customers. Anyway, I don't care. I voice my concerns and move on. With AA I am willing to put up with the BS for the quality of their product. Not so with Sound Theory - won't touch it with a 10' pole. :tu: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:14 am
v1o wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:03 pm The same drama happens in all the Gullfoss threads. You know people throwing out all sorts of accusations and conspiracies. My own conspiracy theory is that whenever a genuinely innovative plugin comes out, there are those of us with interests in competitor products that get riled up. There is nothing else out there quite like AA or Gullfoss.
In my opinion, and for my needs, both AA and Sound Theory run their businesses in unorthdoxed and customer-unfriendly ways. There is nothing wrong with customers pointing out their issues with a company. The drama occurs when said companies start fighting back against the customers. Anyway, I don't care. I voice my concerns and move on. With AA I am willing to put up with the BS for the quality of their product. Not so with Sound Theory - won't touch it with a 10' pole. :tu: :phones:
Maybe there is a misunderstanding
I'm not fighting, I'm absolutely thankful. He is s precious resource and a main actor for our success! And it's real, absolutely real.
He is not a customer, he has been bashing all our products for years (illogically, constantly), but even doing that he contributed - he contributed way more than people not commenting at all. A negative comment triggers way more positive posts than a positive post. We need them exactly like neutrons compared to electrons!

Btw he said that you, being a customer, are as much as "dumb" as people joining Scientology. Just saying, eh

I'm quite happy being one of the "dumb" people who likes AA plugins. I've tried most of them, some were to my liking some were not. I own 5 paid Aquas and all of the free ones including Celestial, which I love, especially on synthesised kicks and bass; nothing else I've tried sounds as good with such little effort and for free. If being a Scientologist means more free plugins of this calibre, then sign me up to be Tom Cruise's personal fluffer :wink:
Always Read the Manual!

i have gullfoss and i really don't see where the similarities lie.
Gullfoss is genuinely innovative, AA is just a bunch of snapshots.
However, i will give celestial a shot due to this thread on my spare system

Grabbed this yesterday. Really enjoying the sound of it but bummed about the hit to the cpu. I could see myself using it loads if it wasn't for that.

Does anybody know what the difference is between "ZL" version? I was hoping it would be bit of a lighter load but I can't see an obvious difference.

dcl0 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 pm Grabbed this yesterday. Really enjoying the sound of it but bummed about the hit to the cpu. I could see myself using it loads if it wasn't for that.

Does anybody know what the difference is between "ZL" version? I was hoping it would be bit of a lighter load but I can't see an obvious difference.
ZL = zero latency = even larger CPU hit

this looks nice, thanks acustica!

i'm not sure if i installed this thing correctly. are there presets included?
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

I just found out that I also can install Big Ceil because of having the Celestial Xmas gift. I hope that I didn´t overlook anything because that is just awesome.
There is also a new Mastering Edition for Celestial.

Beachboy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:18 am I just found out that I also can install Big Ceil because of having the Celestial Xmas gift. I hope that I didn´t overlook anything because that is just awesome.
There is also a new Mastering Edition for Celestial.
Thanks for the hint. Just installed.

There is one feature that makes no sense for me. Harmonics knob can make low end wider. Why would you make low end wider ? To add low end rumble ? Normally you would do just the opposite and make i.e. everything below 100- 200 Hz mono, wouldn´t you?

Najimad wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:49 am There is one feature that makes no sense for me. Harmonics knob can make low end wider. Why would you make low end wider ? To add low end rumble ? Normally you would do just the opposite and make i.e. everything below 100- 200 Hz mono, wouldn´t you?
Rules exist to be broken and "that depth!!" of some contemporary ambiental tracks for example is based on a wide wide lowend. Headphones recommend.

Najimad wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:49 am There is one feature that makes no sense for me. Harmonics knob can make low end wider. Why would you make low end wider ? To add low end rumble ? Normally you would do just the opposite and make i.e. everything below 100- 200 Hz mono, wouldn´t you?
then comes billie eilish with "therefore i am" and makes bass cancel itself in mono and it gets 125million views on yt and absolutely -nobody- except some <something derogatory> producers give a shit if its mono-compatible or not

Well, today like in the early years of radio way more than 50% listen to mono, me included on my mono smartphone.
Last edited by Najimad on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I, on the other hand, could give 2 shtz about mono. I work in stereo and I work that stereo image like a mad man. Many people look at their correlation meters and watch for that little needle to be way over near +1. if mine is straddling 0 I know I've got an interesting mix going on. But, for me, interest in the mix is as much a part of the work as the music and the audio aspects. I don't write music for people who listen to mono. I write music for people who at least listen to stereo. Here's an example. Oh, and I do use a monoizer but I set it no higher than about 60-80Hz. I find that a solid mono low end helps to create a strong foundation for the stereo shtstorm i unleash. And, I want all that mid-low goodness spread across my stereo image like butter on a bagel!

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/slow-boat-to-hell
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Effects”