One Synth Challenge #143: Any Hardware or Emulation (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I almost can't believe it, sort of still in shock. :hug: :hug: :hug:
I almost feel kind of bad about it, which is very weird, because one can sense all the energy, mastery, time and care that went into so many of your tracks, especially the top 5 musical idols and many more, while I didn't think I would get the chance to make a track in the first place.
I just stole a moment, inspired by Nenneb's elegant exploration of the MonoFury, but I absolutely loved making a little track. I think, this is probably one of the best evidence for how much love counts, when you create something. It goes in and it comes out again. This one definitely got a great deal more love than labor, tsss...

Anyway, I'm almost shocked, that IrionDaRonin didn't steal the show, I'm still sure it's the percussion stumble, because if that had the umpf the track deserved, that would've been a landslide on your side! :tu:

But then, again, every of our masters took the opportunity to show us how it's done. :hail: :hail: :hail:

BJ, Richard, you guys are awesome as always, thanks for doing it all! :tu: :hug:

And I'll have a look at the gifts, hehehe... :party:

AH, hey, why not, I'll take:
United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro

Congratulations winners. So many good tracks.

Congratulations to Taron and other winners. Very inspiring listening to all your creative work.

Taron wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am ...I think, this is probably one of the best evidence for how much love counts, when you create something. It goes in and it comes out again.
Congrats Taron, for winning again <grin>, but let me gently disagree with what you wrote above: as it can be read that for those who didn't get many votes it's because of lack of love in what they made.
Last edited by liqih on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liqih wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Taron wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am ...I think, this is probably one of the best evidence for how much love counts, when you create something. It goes in and it comes out again.
Congrats Taron, for winning again <grin>, but let me gently disagree with what you wrote above, as it can be read that those who didn't get many votes its because of lack of love in what they made.
Actually Taron commented that he can sense my passion for music in my song.

"one can sense good passion and proper potential" Taron said.

Love/passion, probably the same thing in this context.

I can't speak for anybody else.

Not at all, Liqih, it's just different kinds of fetishes, I think! :hihi: ...but, omg, it didn't even cross my mind it could come across that way, you're pretty harsh sometimes, haha. :o

Also, allow me to speak for myself, please, as I realize so happily just how much it counts. I don't always presume to speak for the others... :oops: ...but I hope, it rather encourages everyone to rely on the heart above all else and let it feed the joy to explore all other qualities that carry it.

EDIT: Uh, Goose again sneaks in while I'm writing, hahaha, this is becoming a pattern...
Yes, and I mean it, too. It's the most important ingredient, the passion for it. Eventually it allows you to keep growing with determination. Then, when you'll have gained enough control over everything ("music theory"(though, I dislike mentioning it, because it may inspire the bad idea that it was about adhering to some strict conventions... it's just the understanding of harmony in general for the sake of communication), composition, sound design, mastering... all that) with that command it all falls back on your joy again. It must be there at the beginning and at the "end", so to say.

Taron wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:44 pm
EDIT: Uh, Goose again sneaks in while I'm writing, hahaha, this is becoming a pattern...
Yes, and I mean it, too. It's the most important ingredient, the passion for it. Eventually it allows you to keep growing with determination. Then, when you'll have gained enough control over everything ("music theory"(though, I dislike mentioning it, because it may inspire the bad idea that it was about adhering to some strict conventions... it's just the understanding of harmony in general for the sake of communication), composition, sound design, mastering... all that) with that command it all falls back on your joy again. It must be there at the beginning and at the "end", so to say.
Sorry Taron for sneaking again!

Thanks for the words. Yes there's lots to learn, in this competition. I don't mind music theory, it's better (for me) to know which "rules" i would breaking. However i am willing to learn. :)

I remember, I used to be a little afraid of music theory, probably like many artists, who are afraid to lose their freedom, to get sticky, losing their originality, getting tempted by formulas and the likes. But the thing is, it is language. Just like we use words to talk to each other, even if it's gibberish sometimes, we wish to project ideas and exchange in a way that it can be received, too. Music is the language of frequencies in various degrees of complexity in both relationships to each other and over time. And when you begin to recognize that universal language, you can begin to use it, too.
Like we have learned enough English to talk to each other, and- yes- pretty often we actually end up saying the same, too, HAHAHA, but then we use those same words to inspire each other, teach each other and tease each other among great many other things we do to each other that way, hahaha. So...knowing theory to "break it" is much less the key than to sneak into it who you are and you're really, really good at sneaking in, hehehehe! ;) :tu:

Agpr sklep mev riplpq os mapulkiz remple all day long. All I'm saying! :scared: :shrug: :lol:

Congrats to the winners!

...but I think the true winner is doctorbob. If I'm not mistaken, he's the top result that actually used hardware! I think it's a much different process than using VSTs and his track should be noted.

Congratulations Taron and the other top finishers!

Again, respect to folks using hardware last month, I think I worked >1/10 as hard as our friends who used hardware.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Hi all,

First met me say thank you to all, helping me to reach this third place. :hug:
Honestly, I did not believe I would make it that well.
Second, but more important, my biggest congratulation to Taron! :party:
Personally, this tracks was my favorite too.
And than a big applause for Jasinski, shiing and simanus for their top rankings. Very well deserved.
In general I am happy to see so much of my 5-point candidates in good positions.

I saw that doctorbob made the best ranking with HW. :tu: :clap:

I know that Jasinski has to take his prize before me. But I will pass mine anyway.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Hey-ho, congrats winners! :clap: :wheee: :hail:

Cheers, Björn

Congratulations to the winners !
Really liked your track Taron! ;)
Along with the minimalistic HW synths like Zarf's and Leonard Bowman's, they were my favorites for this round!

Taron wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:18 pm I remember, I used to be a little afraid of music theory, probably like many artists, who are afraid to lose their freedom, to get sticky, losing their originality, getting tempted by formulas and the likes. But the thing is, it is language. Just like we use words to talk to each other, even if it's gibberish sometimes, we wish to project ideas and exchange in a way that it can be received, too. Music is the language of frequencies in various degrees of complexity in both relationships to each other and over time. And when you begin to recognize that universal language, you can begin to use it, too.
Like we have learned enough English to talk to each other, and- yes- pretty often we actually end up saying the same, too, HAHAHA, but then we use those same words to inspire each other, teach each other and tease each other among great many other things we do to each other that way, hahaha. So...knowing theory to "break it" is much less the key than to sneak into it who you are and you're really, really good at sneaking in, hehehehe! ;) :tu:

Agpr sklep mev riplpq os mapulkiz remple all day long. All I'm saying! :scared: :shrug: :lol:
I learned/practiced playing keyboard and reading music when i was very young. It was just one of the choices at early school. I didn't carry it on. It wasn't until i was an adult that i got myself a keyboard. I think because of keyboard and reading music at that early age, i've never been worried about music theory. I thought i would gain more than i would lose. It's only "Western" music theory that i've read. I understand there are other music than just "Western" music.

You've given me some food for thought with this "music is language" idea. Thanks, again.

Congrats to the winners! Well done!

Have a good day everyone :)

Return to “Instruments”