One Synth Challenge #143: Any Hardware or Emulation (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 pm I learned/practiced playing keyboard and reading music when i was very young...
You've given me some food for thought with this "music is language" idea. Thanks, again.
Most excellent, that's an important thought to feed! 8)
And, yes, somehow the majority of digital instruments appear to target western scales and theory, but that's why I hooked up micro-tuning into my "Lord of the Springs" and concert pitch parameter, allowing to go through western history and beyond, approaching ancient musical languages, too, as well as mathematical concepts.
There's so much to discover, but one should be sure not to look for some detour or escape as motive for the exploration, which can be very tempting. Well, actually, whatever, hahaha, it's all fair, of course. But, yeah, the more you allow yourself to be conscious part or conscious creator of the music, the more accurately you may channel, too, or surrender to whatever may drive your passion and reason to let music speak for you/through you.

Taron wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am ...I think, this is probably one of the best evidence for how much love counts, when you create something. It goes in and it comes out again. This one definitely got a great deal more love than labor, tsss...
Taron, you're my hero here! :love: This is my inspiration! :violin:

*this post does not declare my attitude to the rest of the OSC participants :uhuhuh: I love you all! :hug:

Ahahaha, IV! :hug: ...so glad you're with us! :hyper: Thank you! :tu:

Congratulations to Taron and the rest of the winners! And thanks to all of you that provided me with feedback on my track. Really appreciated. :tu:

Thanks for putting me top of the Hardware guys! Yes, we did have to do a lot more work. Not quite the same as compose/midi, stick a VSTi on some tracks, stuff a few VST's below, mix, render.

A very different workflow.

dB

Well done to all the winners, great tracks all :tu:

Thanks for the votes and helpful comments, all very much appreciated and was fun to come back here to do a tune after so long away from the OSC :hug:
Last edited by Doc Jon on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doctorbob wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm Thanks for putting me top of the Hardware guys! Yes, we did have to do a lot more work. Not quite the same as compose/midi, stick a VSTi on some tracks, stuff a few VST's below, mix, render.

A very different workflow.

dB
I know this is my entirely childish sense of humour, but I can easily imagine Dr. Bob being in a band called:
'The Hardware Guys'.

Maybe their first album would be called 'A very different workflow'.

:dog: Just ignore me, I always regret posts like this :D

I hope, this challenge will come around again, because next time I'll try to use my little Korg Monotron, hehehe! :hyper:
Oh, yes, Rob, well deserved! But you are truly in your element on the real deal and that was easy to tell! :tu: :tu: :tu:

(if only my hardware would allow me to record into MuLab... :( ) Ah well...

@zarf :D :D :D I worked with people such as Andrew Bentley, Denis Smalley, Trevor Wishart in my early days (all electroacoustic people). Then a band at Uni called Chameleon, very Caravan/Gong based stuff, and then a few years later a band called The Klingons, and the lead singer, Rob Hingley (known as Rob "Bucket" Hingley) went on to bring Ska and Two Tone music to the USA with his band The Toasters. Much later on with Ambrose Field, Tony Myatt and Peter Fluck (of Spitting Image fame!).

All the while being a bit of an academic, not a musician per se. A neuroscientist for 10 years, and then into high performance computing, supporting (and programming for) all the researcher at the Uni across all disciplines (HTC and HPC and parallel computing).Played a major role getting computing up and running for the Music Technology courses. Finally spent a lot of time on the international front working on high performance networking for the arts and humanities, including musicians. Was a member of PEACHES (Panel of Experts for Arts, Cultures, Humanities E-Science) a group within TERENA (Trans European Research and Education Networking Association - all the EU national education/research networks came under their umbrella). Also chair of the UK Chapter of Eurographics for 7 years.

Basically I have been around the block. Getting older now, but still play with the soldering iron now and then (needed to fix some kit for the challenge!).

Thanks again for giving me a more than halfway position (my usual!). :tu: Glad many of you liked the track along with all the others this round.

Sorry for "going on a bit" ...

dB

zarf wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:25 pm I know this is my entirely childish sense of humour, but I can easily imagine Dr. Bob being in a band called:
'The Hardware Guys'.

Ah, yes, I remember them well! (sorry, Doc! :hihi: )

hardwareguys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:39 pm
zarf wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:25 pm I know this is my entirely childish sense of humour, but I can easily imagine Dr. Bob being in a band called:
'The Hardware Guys'.

WHAAATTTT?????? Hard to believe man! :hihi:

'The Hardware Guys'.

hardwareguys.jpg
Good grief. I thought it was just a fantasy. I no longer really can tell the difference. What is reality? Doc, who are you in that photo?

T, what are you doing to these people??? :lol: :lol: :lol: ...man, this is funny! You're getting too good at this! :shrug:
Seeing is believing, hm?! :lol: :uhuhuh:

'The Hardware Guys'.

hardwareguys.jpg
This is a thrift store vinyl bin classic!

This is obviously a fake. Everybody knows that Brian May is playing guitar, not keyboards. :uhuhuh:
mayfake.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”