Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

£69.99 is a instabuy, but I find that hard to believe.

Local Man wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:12 pm Good luck GForce.
I'm sure they'll do fine. It's not another Oberheim emulation in that no one's doing the full-blown SEM 8-Voice. Sure you can combine 8 of the Plugin Alliance or Arturia instances and get in the ballpark and do something to assign voices to play them polyphonically, but you'll probably melt your CPU. Or you can just the standard SEM plugins polyphonically, but that doesn't offer as much flexibility as 8 unique SEM's in a single voice controller.

It's kind of a beast of a synth that no one's gone the whole 9-yards with. I really hope it turns out as well as I hope.

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:13 pm
waltercruz wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:12 pm
XorXisT wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:03 pm Nice!

Hm.... $149 - $30 = $119.00 I guess?

Definitely maybe $179 - $30 = $149?

Most likely $199 - $30 = $169.00
well, all the current Gforce synths are £99.99, so I'm waiting for a similar price on this one...
TBH, I rather won't buy it if it's over 100 €.
I definitely would..... an Oberheim done right, with seductive patches has been on my dream list for quite awhile.
rsp
sound sculptist

Oh well I'm disappointed but others seems to be happy so congratulations.

I'll try the demo. Who knows, maybe I'll find I do need yet another way to make sounds from four decades ago. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:19 pm no one's doing the full-blown SEM 8-Voice
Closest I've got is the OP-X PRO-II, but that's kind of the Diva of Oberheim clone plugins. It's also f**king awful to program, I expect this OB-E to be easier.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

LOL they read the thread and deleted my coupon COMPLETELY (which likely breaks a legal contract), meaning instead of their company potentially getting a very large amount of my money for multiple products, or a smaller amount of my money for 1 product, they will now get exactly none of my money. There's a zero percent chance that I'm paying full price for the mellotron when I was supposed to get a discount.

If they ever have another 66% sale in the future, you might see me mention any of their synths (which is advertising, really) ever again. Have fun with the new product everyone.

What you mean they removed your coupon?
rsp
sound sculptist

waltercruz wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:12 pm
XorXisT wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:03 pm Nice!

Hm.... $149 - $30 = $119.00 I guess?

Definitely maybe $179 - $30 = $149?

Most likely $199 - $30 = $169.00
well, all the current Gforce synths are £99.99, so I'm waiting for a similar price on this one...
When did that happen?

They were all much higher before, right? I'm might have to finally pick up Oddity since I just don't have the space for an Arp Odyssey (but I keep checking for a way to fit it somewhere).

Another Obie...
Awesome :roll:

Yes they use to be higher.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm LOL they read the thread and deleted my coupon COMPLETELY
Well yeah that's the risk you take of advertising an exploit on their store in a public forum

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Oooh..
rsp
sound sculptist

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm LOL they read the thread and deleted my coupon COMPLETELY
Please contact me on support@gforcesoftware.com with your GForce registered email. Yes, I fixed the bug, but no, I didn't delete your coupon. I don't know who you really are, so deleting your coupon isn't possible. I'll be happy to fix the issue.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:27 pm Oh well I'm disappointed but others seems to be happy so congratulations.

I'll try the demo. Who knows, maybe I'll find I do need yet another way to make sounds from four decades ago. :tu:

good chance they waited to give synapse obei sales space.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:08 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:27 pm Oh well I'm disappointed but others seems to be happy so congratulations.

good chance they waited to give synapse obei sales space.
I consider that highly unlikely. Especially as it doesn't clash with it anyway, as it's not an OB-Xa, but a 8-voice.

Return to “Instruments”