Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Dave Spiers just posted a video and teases the OB-E Synthesizer
Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.05.32.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGvF1o0OHw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

No, there’s nothing sus here. Briefcasemanx is wanting to use a perfectly legitimate discount that he’s entitled too. It is wholly separate to the £30 coupon sent to subscribers this week.

MillerSam wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 pm Dave Spiers just posted a video and teases the OB-E Synthesizer

too slow

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=553049&start=750

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:06 pm What an epic bait and switch in that video. GForce be killin' it!
Exactly! The ending is a classic "Oh, by the way..." moment. Nicely done.

Love the switch at end of video

Sounds great can't wait to try and then hopefully buy :)

Shaetano wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:11 pm No, there’s nothing sus here. Briefcasemanx is wanting to use a perfectly legitimate discount that he’s entitled too. It is wholly separate to the £30 coupon sent to subscribers this week.
May I ask whether that's a separate discount for him or whether there's another discount (besides the 30 quid) for the new synth for current customers which I may have missed?

Ok just watched the whole video. The plot twist at the end.

GForce. 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 Sale made.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:01 pm Oops, the coupon wasn't working because I got logged out of my account for some reason. It's functioning correctly now. My bad.
:tu:
alls well, that ends well :)

I haven't bought a soft synth in a while, but I like this one.

SCprogfan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:58 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:27 pm Oh well I'm disappointed but others seems to be happy so congratulations.
I'll try the demo. Who knows, maybe I'll find I do need yet another way to make sounds from four decades ago. :tu:
Sounds from four decades ago? Do sounds have a shelf life?
They do for me. I have lived through the analog era and have owned analog hardware. When I worked in a music store in the mid-late 80's no one even cared about analogs anymore.

Everyone wanted new and fresh sounds like the DX-7, D-50, M1 or Mirage etc.

But I understand there is a resurgence in interest for analog and I understand it. Suzanne Ciani even commented on it when she returned to performing after a long hiatus. She was surprised at how much interest young people have in analog gear.
chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:00 pm
SCprogfan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:58 pm Sounds from four decades ago? Do sounds have a shelf life?
Exactly. Good sound never expires. :)
No but the desire to use them in compositions does if you've been using them long enough. Unless you want your music to have the same sonic footprint decade after decade. I do not. I enjoy having a fresh palette of colors with which to paint.

But anyways I'm glad you got your Obie. Like I said I'll try the demo and who knows maybe I'll fall in love and buy it but it will have to blow my socks off to earn a place in my folder full of synths capable of making analog sounds including synths that are not direct emulations of analog gear. I don't know how many ways one needs to make a saw wave through a low pass filter sound or square wave etc. I still like having a play with analog sounds once in awhile but never use them in compositions these days so there is a chance I'll enjoy playing and patching the 8 voice.

We shall see once there is a demo version available (or if, I assume there will be a demo).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i'm going to repeat this for the one hundredth time, but know if you buy into, what will most certainly be a fantastic instrument, it will rarely be upgraded. like maybe twice in a lifetime. once it's installed, turn off the internet.

it will be undoubtably amazing today though.

Well this looks very nice indeed. Honestly I would have preferred an Xpander emulation personally, but this still looks quite interesting.

Yeah I didn't watch the whole video initially, and thought "wow - the OB8 really did sound awesome".

So uh, crap. GAS. And i've been promising myself the Odyssey cause the hardware version's a bit unwieldy, space-wise....

When I looked at the movie now on youtube, I did wonder to myself... How come no Tom Oberheim (as a huge Oberheim fan myself) but little did I know that might have been the biggest clue.... Not what was in it, but what was NOT in it. :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Being 2021 I really hope this has MPE and microtuning

Return to “Instruments”