Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

An additional dry/wet mix knob for the effects is possible, but hasn't been requested by others so far.
The chorus effect in general is somewhat redundant, since you get a similar and even much better sound with the hypersaws. Use the stereo types for this

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:56 pm An additional dry/wet mix knob for the effects is possible, but hasn't been requested by others so far.
The chorus effect in general is somewhat redundant, since you get a similar and even much better sound with the hypersaws. Use the stereo types for this
You are right.
These new hypersaw functions are really a great improvement over the "old" Firebird and can indeed replace that chorus Fx.
In my actual "Warlock" test project I am running it in a chainer where I also have some effects integrated. So if I need chorus, flanger or phaser I take it from there.
But since there are flange- and phase-modifier in the oscilator a user barely needs this effects.
Independed from this a Dry/Wet in all effects would of course be good extensionial feature.
Hope some user see this also.

Hi

I tried out the demo primarily for the randomisation feature - after 'clicking away' for several minutes I was surprised at how 'nice' the randomisation results were - almost as if 'random' pre sets were being loaded as opposed to randomly created sounds...

Hope that makes sense?

I was really looking for something that could create far more (here we go again) random sounds!!!

I could not see anything that allows the randomness to be altered - but I think that would be a very good idea - unless I missed something the current random generation seems far too tame - yet at the same time uncontrollable - it would be great to be able to randomise certain aspects of the 'engine' so as to be able to (for example) create random variations of a pad or bass..

This is a very good sounding synth! Dankeschön Markus! :tu: :)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

The random function in Warlock is definitely not 'loading a random preset'.
It is a 'true' random function that uses a very smart statistical algorithm. I am sure that many companies would market it as 'artifical intelligence' :roll:

I must say that I really love especially that the randomn function brings "useable" results.

There are so many randomn functions producing "noise" in 9 from 10 cases in so many synths out there, I really prefer "nice" :-).

And it does not sound like the existing preset for me in anyway. But it often HAS the sound QUALITY of a "designed" preset which amazes me evrytime :-).

To affect the randomness in some ways of course sounds interesting but I am sure if this been opened up in anyway there will be so much requests in any direction that would never come to an "end".

But of course so interesting from the general idea, maybe Markus could think about if his AI might be opened for a 2.0 in anyway :-).

I have received an email that the early-access version of Warlock is available. Is this a beta or is this already the release?
Apart from that, the synth looks interesting 8)

///><\\\
Last edited by Orbit-50 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Is Warlock complete now? I really want another filter in this synth. The one does some great things already. Other routings could be nice. Per osc, series, parallel... Also the fx sound so good I wish I could have at least a little more control of them. I get that Warlock isn't meant to be crammed full of features, so I'm just mentioning a few things that I feel would enhance what is already present..

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm Almost all (fixed architecure ) synths are vco--vcf--vca
I told you ( and most of the time I am right )
It's typical kvr audio , you make a remark about a certain feauture and you get flammed , then they realise you were right from the start .
My ignore list of 'noob people to no debat with 'is getting longer and longer
:)
It really makes KVR a nicer place, doesn’t it? (Would be hilarious if I’m on your list. :lol:)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

4damind wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 am I have received an email that the early-access version of Warlock is available. Is this a beta or is this already the release?
Apart from that, the synth looks interesting 8)
It is not longer beta. The synth is rock-solid and can be used for production. 1.0 rc3 means 'release candidate 3'.
I assume that rc4 will be the release version.

Thanks Markus und bleibe Gesund!

I agree too it can stand up to the best synths in my collection to be fair

Feature request: it would be great if when clicking on the "FX1" and "FX2" labels, the effects could be bypassed and this would be reflected by a slightly different "deactivated" colour of the label.
So far... the sound is excellent, I like the presets and the very clear interface that makes programming very easy.
I'm sure it's already been mentioned somewhere... what limitation does the demo version have? I miss (not really :P) any sounds or interruptions which we all "love" so much.

4damind wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:28 pm Feature request: it would be great if when clicking on the "FX1" and "FX2" labels, the effects could be bypassed and this would be reflected by a slightly different "deactivated" colour of the label.
So far... the sound is excellent, I like the presets and the very clear interface that makes programming very easy.
I'm sure it's already been mentioned somewhere... what limitation does the demo version have? I miss (not really :P) any sounds or interruptions which we all "love" so much.
I have already requested a Dry/Wet potie, which is basically the same, because if you scroll Dry/Wet to Dry then the FX is bypassed.
There was already the same request pages before, so there are now 3 requests for Dry/Wet and deactivating Fx, where DRY/Wet would be the best solution in my view.

Return to “Instruments”