Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Mitch I. wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:06 pm "There is no PC version of OB-E." - from Gforce website.
I assume that means for now.
yes

At least mentioning when it could be expected would've been nice. That sentence sounds way too definitive.

"Currently, there is no PC version of OB-E. We plan to release it around x-y-z." Ain't that hard.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Ob es eine Windows-Version geben wird, ist nicht völlig ausgeschlossen, doch derzeit nicht absehbar." - from amazona.de

"Whether there will be a Windows version cannot be completely ruled out, but it is currently not foreseeable. - Google Translate

They sure know how to disappoint, I guess.

Six months of speculation , bikkering etc..and no pc version ???
Troll thread of the millenium !!
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Oh well, saves me money. :borg:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

At least its a twist i didnt see coming.

But what do i do now, make music with what i have? :tantrum:
Last edited by uselessmind on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy is a support ninja.

I don't know why they went to the trouble of having Mac/PC tabs under system requirements if there's no PC version planned. This is a really weird decision. Can't remember the last time a plugin was Mac-only (even just temporarily at launch). All other GForce products support Windows, so I have to think a Windows version is coming. But will it arrive before the coupon code expires? It says the offer is only good till March 31st, 2021.
Stormchild

They have a FAQ entry, apparently:

"We’d like to offer a PC version but at this point OB-E is Mac only. We are however monitoring if there is interest for a PC version"

Dumb as f**k. There's way more Windows users than Mac users. :D

Maybe this explains why they were looking for an "intern" to "lead" software development for 6-12 months. Kind of a, 'hey, we wrote the bulk of the code [for Mac] but need someone to port it to JUCE so we can release a PC version' kind of deal.

Truly disappointing. Especially considering PC development doesn't constantly require you to tear up what you've already built every few years.

Is it at least a native M1 Mac plugin? I'd check for myself but no reason to bother visiting the G-Force site if it's Mac only TBH. Maybe the Surge team can help port this to PC! lol.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm No PC version?

WTF, GForce?
Seriously.

Oh well, if they don't want the 50 or 60% of audio software users' money. :shrug:
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They even mention in FAQ their preset browser only loads .aupreset files. That's some next level dumbness when JUCE exists...
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pmIs it at least a native M1 Mac plugin?
Yeah, it is. Except there's a UI scaling issue so you're better off running it in Rosetta 2 until they fix it (it's again in the FAQ). Sloppy...

Mitch I. wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm "Ob es eine Windows-Version geben wird, ist nicht völlig ausgeschlossen, doch derzeit nicht absehbar." - from amazona.de

"Whether there will be a Windows version cannot be completely ruled out, but it is currently not foreseeable. - Google Translate
Hahaha unbelieveable. :dog:

Maybe GForce got sucked into a time stasis? It'd explain the lack of new releases, the lack of updates, the fact that they seem to think Macs are still the dominant platform in the music landscape like they were ages ago...

I could just about imagine an evil wizard called the Wavetable Warlock or something cackling maniacally and saying something like "so, you love 'retro', do you, Mister GForce...? Well, then perhaps you shall love having your consciousness transported to the nineteen-nineties, as your body continues to roam in the modern day!" before playing a sick drop on his softsynth via his top-of-the-line and oh-so-modern Linnstrument...

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm No PC version?

WTF, GForce?
Seriously.

Oh well, if they don't want the 50 or 60% of audio software users' money. :shrug:
Maybe for them the percentage has been very different when it comes to sales instead of users ?
They might not have the people inhouse to do a Windows version but they surely would find a way to make it happen if it means twice the revenue.
Last edited by uselessmind on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy is a support ninja.

- -
Last edited by uselessmind on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy is a support ninja.

Return to “Instruments”