RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

hey, just an update on the merge composition issue.. I tested this a zillion times and I can not replicate the issue consistently.

(what happens when it does occur is the project being merged from, gets it's VSTi information overwritten..)

Out of about 15 tests, it only happen once and I did in such a way, I don't think a user would actually re-produce those steps..

However, what does happen every time a merge takes place, it leaves multiple tracks selected.

when dragging and dropping files into RC it takes forever to convert them but yet when I go back to version 3 it takes about 30 seconds .
is anyone else getting this problem as I have uninstall RC and reinstalled and still get the same problem.

I have RapidComposer-4.0b13 but when I update to RapidComposer-4.1b10 it prompts for a serial.

Harmonize phrase working again .. :clap: :D

Hi,

In RC 4.1.1, when I did a 'Begin New Part Here' operation

RC - Begin New Part Here.jpg

it destroyed the composition's bass line (and more).

RC - Original Bass Line.jpg
RC - Destroyed Bass Line.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

I have a procedural question -

I want to create a simple root-notes bass line, either 1 root note per chord or 1 root note per beat per chord. I want this bass line to span the whole composition, and I do not want it to migrate upward or downward, but rather to stay in a not-much-more than an octave range.

Is there a reasonably rapid and efficient procedure to accomplish this?

sj1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 pm Hi,

I have a procedural question -

I want to create a simple root-notes bass line, either 1 root note per chord or 1 root note per beat per chord. I want this bass line to span the whole composition, and I do not want it to migrate upward or downward, but rather to stay in a not-much-more than an octave range.

Is there a reasonably rapid and efficient procedure to accomplish this?
two possible choices, use an arpeggiator set to bar lengths, or, to keep it in a bass note range, use the bass generator and change the rhythm to simple divisions and bar length.. the latter you could use a custom rhythm as well by choosing manual..

with the bass generator, set it to root note only as well..

or just watch Mykyndryd_'s video were does the same thing..

viewtopic.php?p=8037626#p8037626

Thanks BluGenes! (and Mykyndryd_ )

Hi,

The manual states:
Dragging a phrase from the Phrase Browser

Drop the phrase on the workspace to insert it in the composition. Alternatively you can use double-click, or press the '+' key (only when the workspace is in keyboard focus).
I am observing that I can indeed move a phrase from the Phrase Browser to the workspace track with the '+' key.

However, double-clicking on the phrase in the Phrase Browser does not place the phrase in the workspace, but instead opens the phrase in the Phrase Editor.

no, double click the track position..

edit: First select the phrase in the browser, then double click in the track position were you want it..

Hi,

I've got a whole directory of drum phrases that cannot be copied once dragged into the workspace.

These were imported into RC originally back in RC 3.x. Could that be a problem?

I've attached one of the phrase files as an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluGenes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm no, double click the track position..

edit: First select the phrase in the browser, then double click in the track position were you want it..
:dog: Thank you!

(FWIW, an edit to the manual to make that clear would be good.)

yea, and I found a bug helping you.. hehe..

The bug is, the rhythm preview isn't working correctly..

Now, I only tested this with the melody generator, but, it probably exists in all the generators..

If you set the rhythm to manual and then clear the rhythm.. (you can clear the whole rhythm by right clicking the very first rectangle) If you apply this edit, which results in an empty phrase, if you click preview, it plays a rhythm, even though you just cleared it.

Another test is to set to manual, quarter notes, and set just one note, then apply. It plays something different.

Anyone welcome to verify my tests please..

BluGenes - FWIW I could not replicate what you describe above. For me, nothing is heard in Preview when the phrase is emptied out as you describe.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”