Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Well, Graeme told me his inbox is like Shaun of the Dead now with Windows users onslaught. :D

So, their decision seems to already be backfiring.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:27 pm WOW! This thing sounds incredible! Very impressed. It's price reflects it's quality.
Edited.

woodsdenis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 pm I really do have to laugh at the majority of these comments, as if GForce DONT know who their customer base are. Maybe the do actually know that a sizeable majority of their customers are on Mac and it won't affect their bottom line in any meaningful way. Just a thought, but do carry on.
If they're anything like everyone else in the business (and why shouldn't they?), then it's pretty par.

From everything I read on audio forums, it even appears like more people use Windows than Macs for audio, if anything. I don't consider forums as a good measure stick for stuff like that, just going by what I read.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:27 pm WOW! This thing sounds incredible! Very impressed. It's price reflects it's quality.
Edited.
Apologies, I really thought you were being sarcastic.

Really weird they would release Mac only. I would've most likely purchased after only 5-15 minutes of testing, if it were for Windows. This particular synth model is that big of a soft spot for me, and seeing that it's GForce it would've most likely been very good.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Edited.
Apologies, I really thought you were being sarcastic.
lol, no. I just got a little excited after playing with the demo.

Fair enough. :tu:

Shaetano wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:58 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am So today is tuesday ...
Oh crikey! I better wake Dave up...
i hope you didn't, he won't like the fuss being made by some of the entitled here :hihi:

thanks to this release, ive just powered several local homes for the day using "windows user rage"
my elderly neighbours thank you all.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:44 pm Well, Graeme told me his inbox is like Shaun of the Dead now with Windows users onslaught. :D

So, their decision seems to already be backfiring.
Honestly, i do think they only have the choice to release for Mac only or to release nothing? Not a big deal at all but very disappointing for the rest of us. Noted.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

rezoneight wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm Wait, no AnX and Teksonik protecting the business decisions of the developer like they always do with Richard/Synapse? I'm shocked.*shocked* I tell you.
But we do get rezoneight carrying on his personal vendetta against a couple of other KVR members.

I am not shocked not shocked I tell you. :wink:

Hey it is what it is. GForce made the decision to release Mac only at this time for whatever reason.

That was their decision to make whether I like it or not.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah. It still boggles my mind though how you can run a company, and don't know anything about the user base. Or how you can care so little about your public image that you mess up a product release like that.

Anyway, enough ranted. :)

woodsdenis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 pm I really do have to laugh at the majority of these comments, as if GForce DONT know who their customer base are. Maybe the do actually know that a sizeable majority of their customers are on Mac and it won't affect their bottom line in any meaningful way. Just a thought, but do carry on.
Now that you mention it, I'm sure you're right and this absolutely isn't impacting sales in any meaningful way. Other developers will surely follow suit!

/s

Wait a minute...Mac only?

OMG! :x :x :evil: :evil: :dog:

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:25 pm
kgdrum wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm@ED
Even if they don’t have a in-house Windows developer couldn’t they contract that out?
That's the thing. They ALWAYS contract out development. But this developer was apparently clueless about Windows, or at least JUCE.
So the company just kinda manages software developers? Seems weird. Does all of their software synths have a different sound and functionality due to being developed by different people? Seems like most plugin companies have a sort of signature sound from being developed by the same person/people.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm
Now that you mention it, I'm sure you're right and this absolutely isn't impacting sales in any meaningful way. Other developers will surely follow suit!

/s
You forgot that G Force customers are *special*. They understand the sheer beauty and artistry of an operating system that runs computer software.

The hulking dullards who like a different operating system for a computer that does mostly the same thing and runs mostly the same software, they avoid G Force like the plague. They wouldn't want their sinful, unwashed bodies to be baptized by the glorious holy light that emanates from a different computer operating system that runs computer software.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”