Is Sonarworks necessary/worth it?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
KVRAF
1990 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:44 pm

btw it's Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven Professional

KVRian
1153 posts since 10 Apr, 2006

Post Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:01 pm

i only use the headphone plugin, and i like it very much. with my atm50x cans (generic profile), it sounds pretty much like my monitors in my treated room, and has helped enormously with translation to other systems. maybe not perfect, but no surprises when dialing in sounds or getting rough mixes (and subsequent checking/tweaking) together when i can't fire up the speakers.
so, for me, yeah...well worth it.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

KVRist
51 posts since 1 Jul, 2020

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:51 pm

I think its definitely worth trying the demo. I bought it and use every day

Having spent lots of time learning about acoustics, fully treated 4 different work rooms and used maybe 10. I can say for £99 its one hell of an improvement!

You could spent a fortune on speakers and lots of timing building acoustic treatment (or money buying it) and yet still be troubled by bigger dips and peaks.
At the very least youll do well with a decent pair of headphones + sonarworks as a second monitoring reference paired with speakers

KVRer
13 posts since 1 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm

I have used studio version for a few years and I like it and use it all the time when working with audio. For casual listening I tend to turn it off though, since I like the sound of my headphones (Sennheiser hd 600) and speakers (Genelec 8050) a bit better without it.

KVRer
7 posts since 11 Feb, 2021

Post Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:00 am

I use the headphone version . No complaints really, seems to do what it says on the tin .

KVRAF
1990 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:16 am

New software coming soon.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”