Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

anyone else feeling strange with how knobs react when dragged to either left or right? when doing so knob will try to reach 12 o'clock position, none of my vsts behave like that and sometimes I find it difficult to set value precisely

JamminFool wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 am
JamminFool wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 am Hi Brian, Is Zenology Pro going to get reverb? Why was it not included? If it is added in an update, will the Presets be updated to match the equivalent presets that used reverb in the original hardware (the XV-5080 presets, for example)?
@brian from roland
Hi, JamminFool! Great question. I'm not sure why reverb wasn't included in ZENOLOGY Pro. My personal opinion is that it's rather easy to slather patches in verb (I do it all the time admittedly), but that could obscure the textures that are possible in an instrument like Zenology. It could be that the team wanted to showcase the wave shaping capabilities first and foremost. Many times a reverb like effect can be achieved by tweaking the ASDR section of the patch, allowing for much more tonal variation than if one reverb type was added at the end of every patch, which could ultimately lead to everything sounding a little too similar. That's just my personal take, though.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 am
JamminFool wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 am Hi Brian, Is Zenology Pro going to get reverb? Why was it not included? If it is added in an update, will the Presets be updated to match the equivalent presets that used reverb in the original hardware (the XV-5080 presets, for example)?
@brian from roland
Hi, JamminFool! Great question. I'm not sure why reverb wasn't included in ZENOLOGY Pro. My personal opinion is that it's rather easy to slather patches in verb (I do it all the time admittedly), but that could obscure the textures that are possible in an instrument like Zenology. It could be that the team wanted to showcase the wave shaping capabilities first and foremost. Many times a reverb like effect can be achieved by tweaking the ASDR section of the patch, allowing for much more tonal variation than if one reverb type was added at the end of every patch, which could ultimately lead to everything sounding a little too similar. That's just my personal take, though.
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply. I was hoping you could find out whether it will be added in an update, since you work for Roland. :wink:

andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:25 pm
sinemotor wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 pm
andypryce wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am Waiting for 990 with vintage board and Juno 60. My all time favorites
Juno 60 ? Is the Juno 106 emulation not enough ?
I don't know maybe pure nostalgia :) but when I had them both I somehow always liked the 60 sound more. Some say they are the same but was not for me. Maybe because of the particular unit I had
So I was remembering right :) Thank you Roland!

JamminFool wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 am
Brian.McClelland wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 am
@brian from roland
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply. I was hoping you could find out whether it will be added in an update, since you work for Roland. :wink:
Hey, Jammin' Fool! I don't have information on that feature being updated currently, but I'll include it on the request report so we can track demand for it. Thanks! :)

Is there a cancel button is RCM? My system hung during a patch activate / install. Tried restarting my computer but finally had to uninstall RCM to stop the process, then reinstall to complete the task.

Windows 10
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Check to see if the installer is hidden behind the cloud manager.That happened to me. Win 10

I purchased some presets via RCM. I was trying to activate install them when RCM got stuck. Internet connection bad. RCM got stuck in an ''activating'' loop. Had to uninstall RCM in the end and reinstall it. If there was a PANIC button in RCM like you sometimes find in virtual synths that might have broken the loop and let me try again without having to reinstall RCM.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:55 am I purchased some presets via RCM. I was trying to activate install them when RCM got stuck. Internet connection bad. RCM got stuck in an ''activating'' loop. Had to uninstall RCM in the end and reinstall it. If there was a PANIC button in RCM like you sometimes find in virtual synths that might have broken the loop and let me try again without having to reinstall RCM.
Glad you got it fixed

Are the D50 and Anthology 1987 redundant?
Do they come with different patches?

I don't know the exact answer to your question but I like the D-50. You can get a ton of free patches for it as well.

Bobby Blues D-50:

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/roland_d-50/ ... tches.html

Maybe the Roland person will answer you directly.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:10 pm I don't know the exact answer to your question but I like the D-50. You can get a ton of free patches for it as well.

Bobby Blues D-50:

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/roland_d-50/ ... tches.html

Maybe the Roland person will answer you directly.
Thanks,Does the cloud D50 import SYSEX ?
The cloud D50 was the first one that I installed.
Anthology 1987 is sample based with the 64 factory D50 patches.
According to a youtube review.

Click on PATCH and then LOAD. It can't read all of the Bobby Blues SYX but it does read some of them. I haven't gone too deep into investigating why. I'd suggest getting in touch with Roland to be sure, to be sure.

After cooling down for a while and playing with the new Juno-60, I feel better again about RC. It's been working OK now for a while, no repeated login prompts or strange reappearing update notices etc. The manager software still feels slow, sluggish and ugly, but as long as you don't need to touch it, things are OK.

Yesterday I put RC Juno-60 against TAL's TAL-U-No-LX in a highly unscientific test, just creating a random sound in one and then trying to replicate it in the other. I could get them pretty close to each other, but I usually seemed to slightly prefer the RC version. Both sound absolutely beautiful, and I could do just fine with either, and of course RC Juno uses quite a lot more CPU, and I just generally prefer using TAL stuff when possible... but well, at least RC has done something pretty much right! I also like the ability to set the saw & square levels, and having two envelopes. Nice!

Edit: I think this was discussed before, but what's with Chorus 1+2 being mono? TAL Juno doesn't do this, don't remember how the actual synth did it, it's been something like 25 years since I played one...

Captain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:51 am Edit: I think this was discussed before, but what's with Chorus 1+2 being mono? TAL Juno doesn't do this, don't remember how the actual synth did it, it's been something like 25 years since I played one...
Are you sure it’s mono? I never noticed…probably because (IMO) I+II is a neat trick you try once, then never use again. It sounds like the hamster wheel version of a Leslie speaker.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”