Waldorf PPG Wave 3 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do people think of this? The demo has some nice sounds.

It's quite expensive though, does anyone know of any payment plans/rent to own options?

Thanks

There are no rent-to-own options for PPG Wave V.3. It's a great sounding plugin, though.

it was 29.99 some days ago in audioplugin.deals

waltercruz wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:17 pm it was 29.99 some days ago in audioplugin.deals
Never heard of that site before, but yes it has it...sort of. I'm unclearas to how this works. It says 'base price' but when I click on it, or add it to the cart, it's full price.

Like mentioned: Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V was last on sale December 2020 at audioplugin.deals for $29.99 USD. Sale/Deal perhaps comes around again.

What you can do right now: If you have reward money at audioplugin.deals you can bring down the price to as low as $29.99 USD instead $156 USD.

If that's not possible for you at the moment: You can try to get the freeware PPG 2.2 / 2.3 / EVU VST plugin running on your Windows PC system.

Ok this is just ridiculous way to run a business. It says "new in the shop 81% off" and they're selling it at the price listed.

Except they clearly aren't.

I've no idea what 'reward money' is. I'm not interested in dodgy online BS, thanks for the tip but that site is clearly a scam

It's no scam. You just need to earn reward money before you have it by purchasing at the shop some other thing(s). :wink:

audioplugin.deals is legit, even if I don't like their business model that much (getting credint from buying deals to buy things on the shop. I have 104 credits and nothing that I want in the shop)

but maybe PPG Wave can became 'the deal' for $29.99 again.

ghj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:06 pm Audio plugins site it legit. The reward system is a nice little bonus if you buy a few things there. Similar to Plugin boutique. It does no harm.

As for PPG you can get v2 of it by Waldorf at this site: https://waldorfmusic.com/en/waldorf-edi ... -editionle

For less than 20 euros you get that plus the filter and also a cut down version of Attack (limited to just 12 sounds iirc). It's a killer drum machine.

I actually prefer the beautiful GUI of v2 and it comes with some amazing sounds. The bass sounds speak for themselves but the pads are often overlooked. This thing is very warm and lush.

I bought v3 in the deal that's been mentioned. They come around all the time so pay attention. It's a very worthy upgrade, even though it's a lot deeper than v2, that simple GUI on v2 really lends itself to immediate results. So that's 2 options you have, plus you can upgrade from v2 as well, don't forget. Probably cheaper getting the deal like I did. I also bought Largo as well for the same price.

But if you need a PPG fix to tide you over before then, go to this site and download this FREE version. It is absolutely incredible. The GUI is maybe not as good on this one, but the sounds might actually be better! Though I'm probably imagining it.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/syn ... avesim.htm

Make sure you grab the presets by Wolfgang Palm there as well! Really incredible work in the sound design department. Hermann knows his PPG stuff, just check out his page for his pedigree.

He gladly accepts donations, but the plugin is FREE, as in beer. I'm holding on before donating because he does a version with more features. I'll be buying that when cash flow allows. You'll need to email him to get a price. I won't give the game away here. But I talked to him recently. He's very receptive and the price he quoted me was very very reasonable for what you get. You may not even need those extra features. He also offers a full on super-duper package if you might need that. I probably don't, but I might go for the mid-tier one.

I ran about 8 instances of this plugin (wavesim) in Live on an old computer, and it barely tickled the CPU. It's warm, it's gritty, it's soft and cutting, sometimes all at the same time. It most certainly sounds NO worse than the paid for Waldorf edition, v2 or v3.

It's a little known gem. I put it in the same class as synth1 with regard to its flexibility and low cpu hit. It comes with some very usable presets (quite a few actually) and it's very easy and quick to tweak to something either more usable for the track you're working on or to change it to something else entirely. It's a magical plugin!

In fact, I don't think there is a VST plugin that sounds better by any developer. It's got that true analog sound! And that true digital sound! And sometimes both at the same time!

It will keep you busy until the sale comes around again from Waldorf. Just be patient and if you can't be patient then grab the LE edition. Having Attack in your drums toolbox is kind of essential really, especially with that excellent new GUI. Upgrade options there as well if you want the full version.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortuantely I can't really make head nor tail of the Wavesim freebie you're talking about. The UI is ok, I guess. It can be resized which helps, but dialling through the presets was way too awkward. Perhaps this doesn't bode well for using the 'proper' vst, if I ever get it. I'm not at all familiar with how the PPG works, I just like those sounds.

I'm not sure I understand the diferences between the LE version and the 'full' version. What do you mean by a limtied attack? Does that mean you can only set the attack speed of a sound to a certain degree? that seems a bit odd so that can' tbe right.

Still hope that ADP (or someone else) does Nave for 29.99 € at some time. :)

And the waldorf edition

ghostwhistler wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 pmI'm not sure I understand the diferences between the LE version and the 'full' version. What do you mean by a limtied attack? Does that mean you can only set the attack speed of a sound to a certain degree? that seems a bit odd so that can' tbe right.

There are 3 Waldorf PPG Wave product versions you can choose from:

- Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V

- Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V Full (part of Edition 2 bundle)

- Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V LE (part of Edition 2 LE bundle)

Waldorf Edition 2 LE for €19.90 consists of 3 individual plugins:

- Waldorf Attack LE (Drum Synth)

- Waldorf 2-Pole (Filter Effect)

- Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V LE

Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V LE has the following limitations compared to the Waldorf PPG Wave 2.V Full:

- 1 MIDI channel (Full: 8 )
- 8 Voice polyphony (Full: 64)
- 1 Stereo Output (Full: 2)
- No possible upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V in Waldorf webshop (Full: Upgrade possible)

Source: https://waldorfmusic.com/en/waldorf-edi ... -editionle

rafa1981 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:51 pm And the waldorf edition
Waldorf sometimes have a 50% off sale on that.

The main limitation of Waldorf PPG 3 is the small dated GUI. The preset browser is from the stone age and everything is small and not very atractive for tweaking. It's a plugin from ten years ago, with no significant updates. I have it, and the sounds are OK but nothing special IMHO, compared with the sounds you can get with any wavetable synth from today. I understand the nostalgic factor for people who wants that specific sound, but I never would pay the full price for this.

Return to “Instruments”