Users who sold all VSTs

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To the users out there on the buy and sell forum selling all your VSTs what made you do so?

I guess we realized we only need 1 eq, 2 compressors and a reverb. Maybe 1 synth if you're into that thing. All of this is in my DAW.

They wanted me to have a nice discount and I need all the plugins.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I think the question was more around people who sell "ALL" their vsts. I'd guess it's people going all hardware, or people deciding not to make music anymore.

For myself, I've not sold everything, but I have sold a lot, and for me it usually revolves around wanting to have a smaller set of tools. I still have a lot, but I've reached a nice equilibrium lately. I'm not buying or selling anything these days, and any visit through my VST collection doesn't result in me wanting to sell. I would sell some of the Image-Line VSTs I have, if I could sell them. Other than that, I'm good.

I've rarely seen people selling all their stuff here. Typically, it's because of a surrendering of the hobby entirely, or due to illness. I mean, seriously, one doesn't just sell all of ones plugins, right? ;)

I feel sad when I see it...

And I couldn't care less when I see it. People surely have their reasons.

BTW, I don't want to name names, but... I've seen a user sell his whole software, then go hardware, then sell all his hardware, then go software again, then sell everything apart from his DAW included stuff, then buy everything again here. ;) Or the guy who threatened almost every company to trash them on forums or elsewhere if they don't obey to his terms... lots of crazy shit going on here.

there are other reasons, maybe they got a better paying job, and/or a family and had to put it aside, or found themselves in a tight spot. it happens. but, there is a process that comes with software, where you wind up with way more then you need or want, and it becomes prohibitive to the creative process. software is just a different animal because so much is available to you that can be replaced. i guess it's about finding a comfort zone with it, and that takes a while tbh. to find a balance between what you want, and what you can work with.

Hi

I wonder how many people with 'BIG' collections of software, perhaps worth multiple thousands of £/$ actually inform their close ones not to just give/sell off their computer should anything serious (health wise) happen?
I probably have a couple of grand worth of software that would probably just merge with the ether if I passed.
I have other hobbies where every now and again you see people coming onto forums to sell their deceased pals collections of whatever.
Sorry to be morbid... just a thought.

original flipper wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:21 pm I wonder how many people with 'BIG' collections of software, perhaps worth multiple thousands of £/$ actually inform their close ones not to just give/sell off their computer should anything serious (health wise) happen?
If I had to guess then I would say... noone does that.

Would be quite a stretch for someone not familiar with all the licensing and activation stuff to take care of that anyway. Or having to go through the process of selling all the licenses, and taking care of the resale terms.

i've always wanted to make a post about "how much have you spent on software you don't use." i have been lucky enough to not have unlimited funds, but i am certainly better off then many. i could have thrown thousands away, but have only sold a few pieces really. if something gets to the popularity level of sylenth/spire/serum it's an instant sell. i immediately want that shit off my hard drive as a matter of principle. on the other hand, i have sold a few pieces to acquire another that will take the place of both. i've not sold much, but it will take me a while to get through what i've acquired admittedly. others have popped tens of thousands on stuff they will never use (maybe once).

remember that a LOT of these guys are making pennies for dollars with youtube channels and such how ever they can. it has nothing to do with music.

People move on to new hobbies all the time, or just give up on music. I'm sure they will find something new to keep them occupied.

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:47 pm People move on to new hobbies all the time, or just give up on music. I'm sure they will find something new to keep them occupied.
yep. they pick it up for the chicks, make a few pence, then move on. it is incredibly difficult to stick with it for decades with no one listening or caring. you have to be a soldier. one determined SOB. or, you could just get in young enough to take your top off and go on about your dicks/hoes/molly and such on soundclout. make a quick million and move on. they do that to.

i listen to a sports broadcast early in the morning i like. he put it so eloquently.

"do you want to make a quick splash, or a lot of waves?"

i really liked that.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”