bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, yesterday in live I grouped 4 BX’s and obtained some great sounds from it, Cheers Glyn.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:16 pm Oberhausen cost me 20 bucks per synth. 8)

Actually, a bit less even, I think.
:eek: I got ripped off! I paid $29.

Gotta love PA sales. The bx_oberhausen is great!
The groove baby, the groove...

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:41 pm Can you give me a tip how you set up your MIDI splitter plugin? I try to set up xhip notelogic, and just don't get it...
Sorry, I've never really used Studio One so maybe not much help...

I just had a play with Notelogic and it works in Reaper. I set up a track with notelogic then another three with a bx_oberhausen on each. I then created sends from the first to each instrument track, changing the midi 'from' channel accordingly (see below). As the incoming midi to each track is always 1 there's no problem with bx_oberhausen receiving on just that channel. Pleasantly surprised at the CPU for a three note chord, quite playable (~10-20%) even on my old i5 laptop.
Untitled.png
maybe this will help someone.

(I got bx_oberhausen for $9.99 in the last xmas sale, $29.99 with a $20 mega sale voucher... crazy)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks. :tu:

I think I did it the exact same way as you did (unless I miss something). Maybe I should try another plugin.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 amLike... being able to play all 8 SEM modules polyphonically. Which isn't possible in Oberhausen, it just lets you play one SEM module polyphonically.
Of course it's possible - just load up 8 instances and set them all to the same MIDI channel. Couldn't be easier. Couldn't you just put them into a folder in Studio One?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCMqXqBG8QM

I think you are talking about hocketing at least.... that’s how to do it in live....

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:20 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 amLike... being able to play all 8 SEM modules polyphonically. Which isn't possible in Oberhausen, it just lets you play one SEM module polyphonically.
Of course it's possible - just load up 8 instances and set them all to the same MIDI channel. Couldn't be easier. Couldn't you just put them into a folder in Studio One?
It's not the same though. The 8-voice lets you play all modules polyphonically, meaning one module per voice. That's only possible in the softie with a plugin which splits the MIDI, and then triggers every instance per voice.

Anyway, it's not super important to me. It was just a test to see if that is possible. Might give it another shot one day, with a different plugin.

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:38 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:20 am
It's not the same though. The 8-voice lets you play all modules polyphonically, meaning one module per voice. That's only possible in the softie with a plugin which splits the MIDI, and then triggers every instance per voice.

Anyway, it's not super important to me. It was just a test to see if that is possible. Might give it another shot one day, with a different plugin.
Could you do it in something like Unify? https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I don't know. I doubt it though. I tried in the Studio One multi instrument, but, it's not possible in there, because, it's just no polyphonic voice allocator.

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm
Could you do it in something like Unify? https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/
Yes. John Lemkuhl just did it in a live stream.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Coul you say when in the 1 1/2 hour video he did that? And.. did what exactly?

To layer multiple instances could be explained in a video in 1 minute, in words you’ll get it in 10 seconds...

Return to “Instruments”