[rock] "bad boy"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Our newest song:

Direct link: http://andy-enroe.bplaced.net/22_songs/ ... ad_boy.mp3

Website with animation: "bad boy"
Note: This requires clicking the grey "play"-button.

With this song we decided to give warmth over transparency. That means
the guitar keeps its frequencies around 300 Hz. We like that a lot, but it
has the disadvantage that it might sound a bit grumpy to some.

Enjoy! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

nice track. i like it.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Good, gently pushing groove with some effective melodic hooks - enjoyed the listen.

Vocals - I thought they worked well with the full band, but were not as effective when more exposed?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:17 pm nice track. i like it.
Oh yeah, thank you! :)

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm Good, gently pushing groove with some effective melodic hooks - enjoyed the listen.
Thank you, I appreciate your contribution! :)
ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm Vocals - I thought they worked well with the full band, but were not as effective when more exposed?
Yes, right. We have slightly adjusted the vocals in the verse parts. :tu:

Very Nice. As a package it has a great vibe. I thought the vocal were just right for the tune.

Not a huge fan of the intro, but when the full instrumentation came in, much better.
:tu:

The intro with piano and voice only seems very sparse. I think it would help to have a synth pad filling out the sound with chords in the background.

The chorus is very catchy. I find the section you call the interlude most appealing. Some nice "e-guitar" solos which keep things lively.

I think the mix is a bit rough with all the instruments sounding huge and fighting for space.

The song holds up well to multiple listens. Nice work!

solid pop rock there, enroe. clear, balanced mix on my monitors, just slightly cluttered
as frantz noted.
still enjoyed it. well done :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

enroe,
Thank you for reviewing my song! Now your song: I agree it sounds a bit sparse in the beginning, then it does fill out nicely when other things kick in. Reminds me a bit of the band Bowling For Soup, which is not a bad thing. Nice melodies, nice instrumentals and vocals. I like it! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

MRT wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm Very Nice. As a package it has a great vibe. I thought the vocal were just right for the tune.
Thank you!

Bansaw wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:34 am Not a huge fan of the intro, but when the full instrumentation came in, much better.
:tu:
I'll have a look. Thanks!

Frantz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 pm The intro with piano and voice only seems very sparse. I think it would help to have a synth pad filling out the sound with chords in the background.

The chorus is very catchy. I find the section you call the interlude most appealing. Some nice "e-guitar" solos which keep things lively.

I think the mix is a bit rough with all the instruments sounding huge and fighting for space.

The song holds up well to multiple listens. Nice work!
Ooh, Bansaw already mentioned the minimalist intro, that seems to be
the weak point, mmh, yeah.

Thank you for listening! :)

layzer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:04 pm solid pop rock there, enroe. clear, balanced mix on my monitors, just slightly cluttered
as frantz noted.
still enjoyed it. well done :tu:
Ahh thank you. I will definitely take up the suggestion of "a little cluttered
mix". :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 pm enroe,
Thank you for reviewing my song! Now your song: I agree it sounds a bit sparse in the beginning, then it does fill out nicely when other things kick in. Reminds me a bit of the band Bowling For Soup, which is not a bad thing. Nice melodies, nice instrumentals and vocals. I like it! :)
First I googled "Bowling for Soup" - and yes, a great band with great songs.
Thanks for the great compliment! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”