Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

v1o wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 am Gforce is like a synth company with designers but no engineers. I think they could take a lead from Rob Papen and stick with one in house programmer that handles all the various plugin formats and OSes. Keep everything consistent.
And I think this is the most stupid post I have read here in a long time. Giving judegment and advise to a company by a random Joe from the internet without substance and any backup and calling them no engineers.

Personally I was blown away by the sound of the demo. Alos the GUI is very scalable. Even on my 6k Pro Dsiplay XDR I can go full screen and all looks crisp and sharp.

Great job GFORCE.

StefVR wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:53 am
v1o wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 am Gforce is like a synth company with designers but no engineers. I think they could take a lead from Rob Papen and stick with one in house programmer that handles all the various plugin formats and OSes. Keep everything consistent.
And I think this is the most stupid post I have read here in a long time.
says somebody who joined yesterday...

in fairness, it's not even the most stupid post in this thread.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Show some respect, buddy. He just voiced his opinion.

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:15 am
im sure they will take your expert business
advice onboard :hihi:
Well whatever they do about it they definitely have an issue when it comes to development. We know Dave doesn't code himself he hires contractors to do it. For example their Rack Extensions still have years old bugs that haven't been resolved. And they have admitted that this latest plugin wasn't designed with cross platform compatibility in mind from the onset.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

A long time? Its your first post, been lurking long! :borg:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

And I think this is the most stupid post I have read here in a long time. Giving judegment and advise to a company by a random Joe from the internet without substance and any backup and calling them no engineers.
You're super smart. I agree they did a stellar a job on the launch and don't deserve criticism. Especially when they sent out emails to PC users on their mailing list winding them up with a new product announcement that isn't for them.
Personally I was blown away by the sound of the demo. Alos the GUI is very scalable. Even on my 6k Pro Dsiplay XDR I can go full screen and all looks crisp and sharp.

Great job GFORCE.
It is glorious indeed! I'm trying the demo and its nice.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Apologies for being rude. I did not want to be disrespectful.I realize my post was probablky as emotion driven as was yours.

And whose sock puppet are you ?

v1o wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 pm ...
You're super smart. I agree they did a stellar a job on the launch and don't deserve criticism. Especially when they sent out emails to PC users on their mailing list winding them up with a new product announcement that isn't for them.
They really did?? :?

To be fair how should they know your system...
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:39 am Is it Mac M1 native, or is it running under Roseta 2 compatible mode?
If it is Roseta I’m not interested, not at this price point
Most software runs faster on M1 even in Rosetta, but send an email to GForce if you want to be sure.
Stormchild

Maadfoo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 pm ...
They really did?? :?

To be fair how should they know your system...
They may not, but for sure I do think they could have said,
and mac users, you may want to wait till Tuesday afternoon.
rsp
sound sculptist

Arashi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:56 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:39 am Is it Mac M1 native, or is it running under Roseta 2 compatible mode?
If it is Roseta I’m not interested, not at this price point
Most software runs faster on M1 even in Rosetta, but send an email to GForce if you want to be sure.
It's Intel, I tested it.

Search the Tracking Apple thread, George linked to Architect which tests apps.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It runs fine with Rosetta.
G Force do what they do in the way that they see fit. We are certainly not starved of alternatives and I personally would prefer to read about the synth itself. Maybe it would be more effective if those who are frustrated with the Windows situation, write directly to G Force. I'm sure that if enough people contact them they will work on a Windows version.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:52 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 pmMakes me wonder if this is really their day job, or if they already swim in money, and this is merely a hobby, or pastime for them.
Did you see those synths Dave has? One doesn't own those if one doesn't swim in money. It's pretty obvious GForce is a side job for him.
I don't know if he swims in money but all that stuff was in a working studio that would get hired out. Dave has talked about how people go first to the Moog Modular and then to something else and finally gravitate to something else, maybe it is the CS80.

I think they also used to do sourcing and possibly hiring of equipment for various bands.

I don't know what else they do.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Maadfoo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 pm To be fair how should they know your system...
It was in the survey that was part of the deciding factor. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”