Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

kritikon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:03 pm Maybe that's where I'm going wrong? :o
Where you're going wrong is thinking that OB, or any other synths, can only make one type of sound. Sure, there is a flavour in some of these OB sounds, maybe too much for some things depending on your taste.

but... there are lots of sounds you can get from these.

I maybe wouldn't get an OB-6, because the pads have too much flavour - but - I'd love an OB-6 to use for pads sometimes, bass, seq and lead sounds... Same with the various OB vsts if you ask me - except affordable to only use for a couple of types of sounds.

From Dave GForce on SonicTalk via GS

"We have invested very heavily in very special in-house tools that I can't go into any detail about - partly because I don't understand it, and partly because it's a trade secret - but they were all developed on a Mac. And OB-E was used as a kind of proof of concept, because we thought, why don't we start with something insanely complicated, because that will either make or break these tools. And that's why OB-E has been released initially as Mac-only."

"Also, we did a survey a couple of months ago, and most of our users were overwhelmingly Mac users."

"So we thought, let's put this out, see what the feedback is, let's see how people get on with it, because there's another angle to this, the industry.... I had a fascinating conversation with someone very high up the food chain in the industry the other day, who said that five years ago, we'd all spend 4 hours creating a minimoog bassline. But now, the expectation from users is that they want to create a whole song during that timeframe. And the OB-E completely flies in the face of that. So we thought, let's just put it out as it is, and just gauge what the response is for the instrument as it exists. And then, based on that response, what we will then look at doing is taking our internal development tools, our super top-secret tools, and then migrating those into more commercial tools that will allow us to pump out multiple formats."

"The reason that we haven't said the PC is incoming, or will be released at some point, is purely because that's a HUGE job, and what we don't want to do is set up people's expectations and then disappoint again."

So for those who seemingly know the GForce user base maybe this settles it.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:04 pm From Dave GForce on SonicTalk via GS

"We have invested very heavily in very special in-house tools that I can't go into any detail about - partly because I don't understand it, and partly because it's a trade secret - but they were all developed on a Mac. And OB-E was used as a kind of proof of concept, because we thought, why don't we start with something insanely complicated, because that will either make or break these tools. And that's why OB-E has been released initially as Mac-only."

"Also, we did a survey a couple of months ago, and most of our users were overwhelmingly Mac users."

"So we thought, let's put this out, see what the feedback is, let's see how people get on with it, because there's another angle to this, the industry.... I had a fascinating conversation with someone very high up the food chain in the industry the other day, who said that five years ago, we'd all spend 4 hours creating a minimoog bassline. But now, the expectation from users is that they want to create a whole song during that timeframe. And the OB-E completely flies in the face of that. So we thought, let's just put it out as it is, and just gauge what the response is for the instrument as it exists. And then, based on that response, what we will then look at doing is taking our internal development tools, our super top-secret tools, and then migrating those into more commercial tools that will allow us to pump out multiple formats."

"The reason that we haven't said the PC is incoming, or will be released at some point, is purely because that's a HUGE job, and what we don't want to do is set up people's expectations and then disappoint again."

So for those who seemingly know the GForce user base maybe this settles it.
Thanks for sharing that. Slightly contrasts with fellow-developer (!!) ED calling GForce "Dumb as f**k. There's way more Windows users than Mac users."
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”