Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 amThe fact is I haven't really been able to use all that's there in VC7, so ideally I should not think about upgrading to VC8.
Yeah, tricky, there is no love, its all about my money :D

Maybe I should just take that Vocoder for 99 and then deadend Arturia right here

Like you I also got plenty more, never used enough
HM

HM wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:14 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 amThe fact is I haven't really been able to use all that's there in VC7, so ideally I should not think about upgrading to VC8.
Yeah, tricky, there is no love, its all about my money :D

Maybe I should just take that Vocoder for 99 and then deadend Arturia right here

Like you I also got plenty more, never used enough
Yeah, exactly. This time I could resist my temptation to upgrade. Hopefully I will be able to do the same throughout the year, at least as far as VC8 upgrade is concerned. :D

Have kind of reached the saturation point as far as synths are concerned.

i dislike arturia

I wish the loading time on the synths was faster. Even my Roland Cloud synths just pop right up when I drag in the VST. Arturia, there's quite a bit of waiting to instantiate the plugin. Pretty annoying.

Just a quick headup, there's updates for all the instruments in the Arturia Software Center. From the changelogs, it seems that it's mostly bugfixes, applied to all instruments:

Bug fixes:

No more font issues on case-sensitive operating systems
VST3 MIDI learn now properly maps to CC in Live (Windows)
VST toolbar is now properly displayed in Reason 10 instruments
No more conflicts between the side panel and the resize function

Improvements:

Type icons size have been reduced to avoid scrolling when browsing presets

there's some particular changes for some instruments, but most of the updates seems to be these global fixes

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 am...Regarding NKS, any instruments that are not yet NKS will hopefully be made so by 8.1 release, so maybe within a couple of months from now.

For now, I went ahead and bought the Jup-8 V4 upgrade for $15.
Hopefully they make the new synths NKS compatible soon. I couldn't pass on the Jup-8 upgrade for $15. This thing sounds great. Very noticeable improvement.
The groove baby, the groove...

BezO wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 am...Regarding NKS, any instruments that are not yet NKS will hopefully be made so by 8.1 release, so maybe within a couple of months from now.

Hopefully they make the new synths NKS compatible soon. I couldn't pass on the Jup-8 upgrade for $15. This thing sounds great. Very noticeable improvement.
Yeah, waiting for the NKS updates. Glad to pick up Jup-8 V4 indeed, especially since I am not considering updating to VC8.

While the sale is still on, I am now also tempted to pick up Stage-73 V2 for $15. I am a sucker for Rhodes instrument. :borg:
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:12 pm While the sale is still on, I am now also tempted to pick up Stage-73 V2 for $15. I am a sucker for Rhodes instrument. :borg:
It's definitely worth it. The advanced settings make all the difference. I hope they'll give Wurli V the same overhaul soon.

Yes, definitely do it! They did a good job on V2. Hopefully over time they will update some of the older synths as well, and yes, including Wurli V.

Great job, Arturia! Keep up the good work.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:12 pm While the sale is still on, I am now also tempted to pick up Stage-73 V2 for $15. I am a sucker for Rhodes instrument. :borg:
It's definitely worth it. The advanced settings make all the difference. I hope they'll give Wurli V the same overhaul soon.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:12 pm Yeah, waiting for the NKS updates. Glad to pick up Jup-8 V4 indeed, especially since I am not considering updating to VC8.

While the sale is still on, I am now also tempted to pick up Stage-73 V2 for $15. I am a sucker for Rhodes instrument. :borg:
Same, I upgraded Jup-8 because I'm not going to update to V8 unless the eventual sale is better than expected.

I considered upgrading Stage-73, but I have several Rhodes emus that I'm happy with. We'll see.
The groove baby, the groove...

BezO wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 pm

Yea, this update really makes a difference, the Jup-8 V4 is improved in a number of notable ways.

Thanks guys, I have Stage-73 V2 in my cart. I will let it marinate for some time while I wait for GAS to takeover. :lol:

~ 3 hours left for the sale to end. Arturia usually extends it and I guess they might do it until the end of this month. ;)

EDIT: Just ordered. The discount is still working for anyone on the fence. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:53 am EDIT: Just ordered. The discount is still working for anyone on the fence. :tu:
How does this work? Stage-73 and Jup-8 are listed for 29 €/$ in my account. Is the price reduced to 15 at checkout? Or does this require a coupon code?

And what about the full V7 to V8 upgrade? Is that also on an invisible sale or is it still €/$ 299?

mountainmaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm Is the price reduced to 15 at checkout?
Yes, it is.

^ :tu:

The V Collection upgrade isn't discounted right now. It is still $299. I think it will be $149 during the summer sale.

Happy to have got two awesome upgrades for only $29. Sweet deal! Thank you, Arturia.

FYI, the $15 price is gone now. Hopefully those interested cashed in on it.

Return to “Instruments”