Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone tried the new Waves Vocal Bender? Looks similar to Soundtoys Little Alterboy. Or any other alternatives it can be compared to?

Looking more closely at the Addictive Drums 2 range now there's a sale on. Am I right in thinking that Custom XL costs exactly the same as Creative Collection and comes with 3 more MIDI packs? Is there any reason to choose the latter?

imrae wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:49 am Looking more closely at the Addictive Drums 2 range now there's a sale on. Am I right in thinking that Custom XL costs exactly the same as Creative Collection and comes with 3 more MIDI packs? Is there any reason to choose the latter?
I am looking at getting AD2 too and I think Custom/Custom XL is the way to go, as it lets us choose 3/6 paks of each. From what I see/understand looking at the XLN Audio website, I don't see any advantage of choosing a predefined collection.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 am Has anyone tried the new Waves Vocal Bender? Looks similar to Soundtoys Little Alterboy. Or any other alternatives it can be compared to?

Hi, I bought it and I'm really, really impressed.
I have Little AlterBoy too and I love it.
But with Vocal Bender you have so much more options.
The modulation capabilities are insane. You can drop nearly every modulator on any parameter.
I strongly recommend you to watch this video from Sean Divine. It's awesome. :phones:

Hey: and watch it from the beginning, don't skip! You won't regret it. And no: I'm not paid by Waves. :lol:

@paolostylo: Thanks for your opinion. It sounds amazing indeed! :) A big fan and follower of Sean Divine and I love his videos with such plugins and the above video is no exception (the beat/song is awesome too). I will consider grabbing it soon, mostly probably after demoing it on a song on which I think it might sound good.

Plugin is worth the promotion. :tu:

Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

ADpak 1: United Pop (confirmed)
ADpak 2: Indie or Black Oyster
ADpak 3: Fairfax Vol. 1 or Fairfax Vol. 2 or Modern Soul And R&B

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?

paolostylo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 am Has anyone tried the new Waves Vocal Bender? Looks similar to Soundtoys Little Alterboy. Or any other alternatives it can be compared to?

I got the demo last week and liked what I heard. Since I have to work I only played with it then and a little last night. Thanks for this vid...it details what I'm likely to do; I'm picking this up today. Best price I see is JRR for $31.14 with Forum code, any other ideas? I know I could wait , but I want to complete a project by Friday

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.

oneshotdeal wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:02 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
Great suggestion, thank you. Listened to Black Oyster again and I think I don't need it. So, I will choose between Modern Soul, Fairfax Vol. 2 and Indie for the two. :tu:

Plugin Alliance doing another "Any" plugin for $29.99 plus VAT sale. Code is LYS1-2999 and there will be another on Feb 28.

Obviously some plugins are excluded.

It's themed as the Leap Year sale.

Yes, I know.

Double Tap wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am Plugin Alliance doing another "Any" plugin for $29.99 plus VAT sale. Code is LYS1-2999 and there will be another on Feb 28.

Obviously some plugins are excluded.

It's themed as the Leap Year sale.

Yes, I know.
Does anybody know a good multiband compressor included in this sale?

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:35 pm
paolostylo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm

I got the demo last week and liked what I heard. Since I have to work I only played with it then and a little last night. Thanks for this vid...it details what I'm likely to do; I'm picking this up today. Best price I see is JRR for $31.14 with Forum code, any other ideas? I know I could wait , but I want to complete a project by Friday

Hi,
that's exactly what I did at JRR. :D
At Audiodeluxe you will get Vocal Bender for $31,49 but you can use DeluxeBucks and get it even more cheaper, if you have some.
If not, at least you have the opportunity to earn $2.09 for the next purchase.
I myself had not thought of that...

Any good soul willing to spare a 25$ voucher? PM-me :)

dpereira44 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:04 am Any good soul willing to spare a 25$ voucher? PM-me :)
February voucher are no longer valid and March voucher will come, well, in March.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”